Author Topic: Angry Birds Star Wars - The Toys  (Read 4868 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Angry Birds Star Wars - The Toys
« on: October 8, 2012, 08:41 AM »
OK, you asked for them.  Now here they are:  http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=angry%20birds%20star%20wars&origkw=angry+birds+star+wars&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

wait, what?  You didn't ask for these?   :P

I can't decide on whether I think think these will do marginally well, or epically flop.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2012, 09:48 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Angry Birds Star Wars - The Toys
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Wow, I'll probably get the game, be fun to play. but merchandise?

But this has Star Wars M-pire written all over it.

But, if it does well and makes a ton of money, maybe we can get some new figs made in other lines
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2012, 06:57 PM »
I think this has "Epic Fail" written all over it.

Was anyone looking for a tie-in between Angry Birds and Star Wars?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 12:28 AM »
Angry Birds GI Joe is next.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2013, 07:51 AM »
I guess I'm in the minority thinking these are fun nick-nack type of things to go on my desk at work...  Probably futile, but has anyone seen a listing of which characters are in the Series 1 blind packs?

So far I've found:
Wedge-Pilot
Luke-Pilot
Darth Vader Pig
AT-AT Driver Pig
Rancor Pig
Han in Carbonite
Panda Baba Pig
Rebel Hoth Trooper

I think there is also:
Leia Boush
Luke Skywalker Bird
Snowtrooper Pig
Stormtrooper Pig
Han Solo Bird

Any others?

I think I'm going to have to get the early bird pack to get the Chewie and R2D2.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 07:51 PM »
Meh, it's cheap I'm sure, and far less likely to offend the masses than, say, a set of TVC figures on the original 12 cardbacks...  I mean, think about the pissy reaction at that point?  Forget it.

SDCC exclusives have been impossible to get in recent years for most...  Myself included among them since I'm usually at work when they're posted online.  For me, this is not interesting and thus I'm not mad about it, nor am I happy about it.  I just don't care.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 11:41 PM »
Are any people actually collecting the Angry Birds stuff?  I buy a lot of 'cute' toy lines, but even I have no interest in this (come on, I collected Galactic Heroes and Fighter Pods for crying out loud).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:05 AM »
I actually see lots of kids with AB Star Wars shirts on and stuff, so I assume there's SOME kind of interest there with kids...  adults, I can't imagine.  Though, Fighter Pods have adults somewhat interested I noticed.  They'd have me more too if they weren't so expensive.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Somebody, please shoot me.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 10:33 AM »
From Engadget:

"What is surprising is that the newest Angry Birds entry has a physical twist that we've yet to see from the brand: something called "telepods." The Hasbro-created toy is a physical representation of an in-game character, and Rovio Entertainment's VP of marketing Philip Hickey tells us it works by using a mobile phone or tablet's built-in camera to read the toy and implement it in-game -- an interesting choice in a world where Activision's NFC-based Skylanders rules the toy-based game landscape. As such, the toys likely won't function on game consoles, making it likely that any non-mobile version of the game will require some custom work to adapt. Hickey also tells Engadget that the toys will be available at retail alongside the game's September 19th launch, and that Rovio's exploring the possibility of making them function with previous series entries."
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 05:00 PM »
I suppose it was only a matter of time that Hasbro was going to end up with a TELEPODS type toy line.  Activision has made something like over $1bil on Skylanders and with Disney announcing last year they wanted in on that game/toy combo pie too, it was only a matter of time before it became wide-spread.

I really hope it works out for Hasbro.  Not a joke.  I actually want to see this succeed for them. 

Hasbro could use a nice fat-cash WIN.  Like Jesse said, kids seem to love the angry birds gear (t-shirts, backpacks, etc), so hopefully kids respond to the idea and it isn't a horrible failure that will hurt the company.  In days gone by, we could openly mock the SW Choppers or SW Angry Birds Jenga or whatever as another Hasbro failure, but let's face it.  Hasbro's Star Wars toys are at the point where they can't really handle all that many more failures.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 03:35 PM »
I can't disagree with that one bit. They need a cow to milk if we ever want cheese again. It doesn't have to be our cow- if they can pickpocket parents to finance a nice action figure here and there, we are even better off.  :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 5, 2014, 12:35 AM »
I saw a new six-pack of Star Wars Angry Birds II Telepods today at Toys R Us - Han Solo in Carbonite Bird, Jabba Pig, Royal Guard Pig, Wicket the Ewok, Lando Bird, Tusken Raider Pig - the Tusken Raider Pig and Han Solo in Carbonite Bird are exclusive to the six-pack.

There was a "Series 2" designation on the package as well - not sure if there are more coming for Series 2 - but with these six, that means there's only two characters left form the "Carbonite Pack" - Kit Fisto Bird and Shocktrooper Pig.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!