Author Topic: Star Wars Angry Birds - The App  (Read 10760 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Star Wars Angry Birds - The App
« on: October 8, 2012, 09:35 AM »
« Last Edit: October 8, 2012, 09:48 AM by Jeff »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Angry Birds
« Reply #1 on: November 8, 2012, 02:47 PM »
I've been playing the new SW Angry Birds game off and on during the day (don't tell my work) and I have to say that it is really fun...way more fun than I thought it was going to be

How they have worked the SW motif into the game is pretty cool.  I used to love me some Angry Birds and would obsess over getting three stars on every level (which I did on the original game!)  Then came Seasons and Rio and Space and it got old.  I'm back baby...fun times

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Star Wars Angry Birds - The App
« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2012, 07:24 AM »
I've played through all the Angry Birds games.  Never obsessed over 3 stars.  This one is a lot of fun, combining elements from traditional and "space" gameplay.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 9, 2012, 05:16 PM »
I played a couple of the previous versions of Angry Birds from time to time (mainly with our daughter, who loves it), but never went through any of those games completely.  We've been playing the Star Wars version quite a bit though, and I think it is pretty fun.  For some reason, I laugh almost every time I hear the "yahooo" when you launch the Han Solo bird.  Pretty good stuff so far.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 01:30 PM »
We've installed it on all our devices including Windows 8. The kids have ditched "Where's my Perry?" for this game.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 12:01 AM »
I had never played Angry Birds at all.  I saw it mentioned on several sites and was flipping through Twitter and saw Slash say he was playing it  (I've never bought anything because a celebrity endorsed it, just thought it was kind of funny that his tweet pushed me over the edge).  I thought what the hell, and bought it.  I spent the rest of the day playing and ran my battery out of juice.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 05:02 PM »
The first two parts of the Hoth update are now available.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Just in time because I just finished 3 stars on the Death Star...

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 3, 2012, 09:15 AM »
I lost most of the weekend to this game, but have three-starred Tatooine and Death Star, and almost done with Hoth.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 7, 2013, 07:50 PM »
For anyone that has the game the latest update (Second part of Hoth, the asteroid field) has been released.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2013, 08:19 PM »
Can't get three stars on Tatooine level 16 to save my life.  Have been at it for a while...  Probably doesn't help that I'm playing on an iPhone and not an iPad.  Grrr.

This was the first AB game that I played and am completely obsessed.  Absolutely love it.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2013, 08:58 PM »
I got it by having Luke cut the crane so the TNT fell into the junk than had Obi-Wan get the rest of the pigs that were still alive.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2013, 09:06 PM »
I have 3 stars on all levels so far

Cloud City and Boba Fett are pretty fun

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2013, 11:39 PM »
I got it by having Luke cut the crane so the TNT fell into the junk than had Obi-Wan get the rest of the pigs that were still alive.

So about fifteen minuted after I posted that, I ended up getting three stars.  I made the mistake of thinking I could only get it by using one bird, so as you can imagine, when Luke wasn't destroying everything, I would restart without giving Obi-Wan a try.  I ended up getting to the point where I thought 'well this isn't going to happen so I might as well just get a higher score' and the next thing I know I get the three stars and the accomplishment for finishing all levels with three stars.

Thanks for the help anyway, I'm sure I'll need it again soon!

I have 3 stars on all levels so far

I'm fairly sure I would go insane trying to get three stars on all levels.  Either that, or I would lose my job as I would be obsessed with finishing and not worry about doing anything else.  I'm very jealous though Scott, that's a helluva feat!
« Last Edit: April 2, 2013, 11:41 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #14 on: April 3, 2013, 08:03 AM »
I have three stars on all levels as well.  I had to look up solutions on YouTube to about 5 of them.

Funny thing is I haven't done that on any other Angry Birds game, and I've played all of them.  I think it's the rewards system in AB:SW.  Getting a bonus level for another dozen stars is far less intimidating than getting a bonus level by getting 3 stars on EVERY SINGLE LEVEL.  Plus I've gotten a far better feel for how to approach levels after hours of playing.

Angry Birds Rio just added a bunch of similar bonuses... each level has 3 tiered star count bonuses, plus a "Mighty Eagle" bonus level for getting 100% on ten levels.  I'm working my way through earning all of those.  Quite fun!  I was surprised they did that for every single level pack released.  Angry Birds Seasons did the same, but only for 2013.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj