Author Topic: Late 2003/04 Figures  (Read 18693 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: More News...
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2003, 01:57 AM »
What I like is this picture:
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/ww-chicago-hasbro/image27.asp

I wonder if they will ever make a figure with that name on the t-shirt!  ;)   ;D

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2003, 01:59 AM »
I'd buy it... ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2003, 02:08 AM »
D'oh, good eye Matt.

I missed some of the slides because I wasn't browsing through all.

An R1 and drink tray R2?  Hmmm...  I wonder if R2 will have an opening panel with a sabre handle spot?  That'd be pretty sweet I do believe.

That Luke is still the highlight of that to me...  I can't wait for him!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2003, 04:46 AM »
I'm really impressed with Luke.  Jesse is right, he's the best thing I've seen so far for 2004 - and right after that impressive Hoth Luke, too.  R1-G4 is a fantastic little surprise.  R2 will be great and that alien listed in the Jabba wave is aka Rappertunie.  Not sure why Luke and R2 are not in this wave as well.  Hmm.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Check Hasbro NOW
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2003, 04:55 AM »
Wow.   :-\

Umm.  So.  Yeah.  This is why I hardly post at RS anymore.  I'm disappointed my post (which wasn't negative in the 'nitpicking' sense that Jimmy is talking about) apparently caused all this.  I was simply voicing my general mellowing out on all things SW.  I believe I praised a few of the figures in that same post.  I will continue to voice my opinion whatever it may be.  

Sorry if that doesn't work for some folks.

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2003, 12:35 PM »
Again...

I didn't say that your opinions meant nothing...
I think my point which was obviously missed completely is that no matter how good Hasbro can do someone will always have sonething bad to say...

If it wasn't the quality of their... it'd be their distribution.
If It wasn't their distribution... it' be something else...

JD might support the opinions of everyone... but I think it should also not support the consistent negativity that plaques the hobby.

If that makes me the bad guy... then point me to my crown.

I understand Hasbrp is far from perfect, I can agree w/ that any day of week. I could sit here and list a bunch of wrongs w/ them... but why...

Don't we hear that enough over at RS... and countless other boards/sites. Beyond the Hoth Rebel soldier Hasbro has shown 2004 is going to be an incredible year and one totally dedicated to us (the collectors).

Do we honestly expect Hasbro to be 100% perfect?
I don't care HOW long they have been doing this...
I think collectors think Hasbro owes them... They owe nothing. No one owes anyone a thing. I think that is the mindset in the word though.... not just this hobby.
I'm realistic enough to understand that in a literal sense no one owes me a thing...

AS for my "facts"... I can tell you beyond my "working for an online retailer" that core characters outsell builders.
I have had inside sources at Hasbro... and still know someone there (please don't take that as a machismo attempt... but one on a basis for my "facts"). I know somewhat of Hasbro's mindset at this point...
Again though someone will probably only point out "my" source rather than my "point"...

Army builders may sell more than some core characters in the long run... though that is if they continue to ship while as the core characer itself does not.

Hasbro will usually tuck builders into later cases for the army builder crowd... but I think w/out any "sales" reports we can agree that there are far less army builder collectors than there are.

There are probably more variation collectors to be honest...

Hasbro redid the He Man like RFT and added some great articulation (ala BBI), also making the sculpt much more realistic and still people were not happy. I mean that just makes me wonder again... Why bother?

My "negativity" may seem like the reason soooo man think I'm an *** but maybe it's hard being positive when everyone else is nit picking an upside down shoulder pad.

One question if JD supports all opinions... Why is that mine that points out all the constant whining and crying  not a "healthy" one?

Is that just a tad bit hypocritical? Or is it just that feelings of someone get involved in it all??

Let's see what the answer is on this one...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2003, 02:27 PM »
I'm not exactly sure who R1-G4 is. Does anyone have a pic?

Thanks in advance.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2003, 02:55 PM »

While all of these need to be made...hell a wave of Sandcrawler droids to go with the Sandcrawler seems so ideal huh?  R1 is the tall green one ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2003, 03:15 PM »
He is Scott!

Which is very sweet.
I have seen a couple of customs done of this droid and I had an eyegasm then... I can't wait to see what Hasbro does.

What does everyone think of a line/wave of animated style Clone Wars figures as mentioned?

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2003, 03:17 PM »
One question if JD supports all opinions... Why is that mine that points out all the constant whining and crying  not a "healthy" one?

Is that just a tad bit hypocritical? Or is it just that feelings of someone get involved in it all??

Let's see what the answer is on this one...

JD supports everyone's opinions on the SW stuff, not so much their opinions on other people's opinions.  That's not a relevant subject to this board.

Let's just let this go now, and get back to discussing our thoughts - good, bad, or both - on Hasbro's new figures being shown this week.  Thanks...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2003, 03:28 PM »
So with the (Target exclusive) Sandcrawler coming with three exclusive figures, including at least a Jawa and RA droid (Death Star Droid) you've got to wonder who #3 in that lineup is going to be now that R1 has been announced as a standard carded figure.  I think the next most important one who's yet to see the light of day is the orange, multi-legged Treadwell Droid.  So hopefully that happens soon too!

What does everyone think of a line/wave of animated style Clone Wars figures as mentioned?

ANIMATED cartoon CW figures?!   ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2003, 05:15 PM »
Some other notables not mentioned at CWW...

There are plans/talks of possibly up to at least four more TRU four packs. The fate of these will depend on sales of those out and forthcoming.

Also there are plans for some great sounding Screen Scenes such as a Jabba's alien that I mentioned earlier.

Ephant Mon is said to be coming again... though where he'll end up is really in the air at this point. As far as anything has been said it won't be on a single card again...

Hem Dazon is also said to be coming down the pike... as are a few other Cantina aliens...
As is the "benadable knees" 3-P0...

Once again the Cloud Car is on lists... and should come to fruition soon...

There is still the 3rd Dignitary that is looming...  ;)

So there ya go... Believe it... or not...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2003, 06:26 PM »
Hem Dazon is also said to be coming down the pike... as are a few other Cantina aliens...
As is the "benadable knees" 3-P0...

WOO HOO! Im gonna get me 2 of those...one to butcher for a custom, and one to...Let sit on my shelf...he he

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2003, 06:26 PM »
Fingers crossed...R5-D4!

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2003, 06:43 PM »
Scott... R5-D4 is coming.

I had heard it was going to be single carded... but since the whole wave thing is going on I have a good feeling it'll be the third figure in the Sandcrawler.

We still have a lot going on so...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan