Author Topic: Your DVD Collection  (Read 43388 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Your DVD Collection
« Reply #60 on: March 5, 2003, 04:09 PM »
I definitely want the Indy flicks on DVD as well (been watching enough of them on basic cable over the last month or so)!  But the problem for me is that I like to buy COMPLETE box sets for any given film franchise, once all of the sequels (or prequels) have run their course.  If they put out a 3 DVD Indy boxset this year, it will soon become obsolete when Indy 4 hits theaters in a couple of years.  I think I'm unfortunately going to have to wait 'til Indy 4 hits DVD as well and the REAL complete Indy boxset is issued.

I'm not that patient with the Star Wars saga though.  I'll take anything that they put out!   :D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: April 9, 2003, 09:31 PM »
Matt, I saw the West Side Story DVD at Target tonight and thought of your post from a while back (elephants never forget)

And...I will probably pick up Henry Portner V 2.0 on Friday (I know some of you bag Harry but methinks he is pretty swell)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #62 on: April 9, 2003, 10:15 PM »
May as well chime in...

Austin Powers 1
Austin Powers 2
Austin Powers 3
Bandits
Blade 1
Blade 2
CKY4: Latest and Greatest
Donnie Darko
Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)
Greatest Moments in Super Bowl History
Harry Potter: Sorcerers Stone
Jackass: The Movie
Jackass Volume 2
Jackass Volume 3
Life or Something Like It
Linkin Park: Frat Party at the Pankake Festival
LOTR:FOTR
Oceans 11
Once Were Warriors (Star: Temuera. Morrison, rent this!)
Osbournes, The: Season 1
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Ring, The (2002)
R2-D2: Beneath the Dome
Signs
Spaceballs
Star Wars: Episode 1
Star Wars: Episode 2
UHF
Waterboy, The
X Men: 1.5

There ya have it folks. I've got the T. Bay Buccaneers SB DVD coming, as well as Harry Potter: CoS this Friday. You're not alone, Scott. I like Mr. Potter.  :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2003, 10:26 PM »
Matt, I saw the West Side Story DVD at Target tonight and thought of your post from a while back (elephants never forget)

And...I will probably pick up Henry Portner V 2.0 on Friday (I know some of you bag Harry but methinks he is pretty swell)

Way ahead of ya' Scott, but thanks for the head's up!  Snagged West Side Story on DVD the day it came out.  $28 at Target - pretty dang pricey set, but well worth it for this great classic.  I'll join the Harry Potter bandwagon here (or as Scott calls him - Henry Portner).  Haven't picked up the DVDs yet, but the wife and I dig the movies.  She's read all the books (just the first one for me so far), and she's already got her 40% off pre-order waiting at Borders for the next one.  It's a fun franchise...   :)

I need to update my DVDs here as well, but have just been too lazy of late...   :-\

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2003, 10:49 PM »
I have way too many to list here, but I have over 200 DVD's.  I had up to 100 cataloged in a spreadsheet, but haven't updated it in over a year.  Need to do that one of these days.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2003, 12:24 PM »

Here is what I am currently drooling over...I think I heard July as a release date

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2003, 12:52 PM »
This one a year for each Simpson season has to end soon.  Christ by the time all seasons are done, we'll all be as old as Grampa.  Is it because of the commentary? They should just ditch the commentary and release these two per year.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2003, 05:53 PM »
Well it may not be a DVD movie but I am more than happy to say I finally bought a DVD Player.  :)
Now I can play the DVD's that I have been collecting & update my collection.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2003, 06:44 PM »
Well it may not be a DVD movie but I am more than happy to say I finally bought a DVD Player.  :)
Now I can play the DVD's that I have been collecting & update my collection.

I'm in the same boat here Dale.  Been collecting DVDs for almost 4 months now and have about 75 or so, but I have no freaking DVD player yet!  I actually got one two Christmas's ago, but it wasn't quite "up to my standards", so I returned it and never replaced it.   :-\

I'm trying to hold off on buying one and hooking it up until we move in the next month or two so I can just plug it in 10x easier when our entertainment center and all of it's stuff is not in place and against the wall already...

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2003, 11:27 PM »
I haven't quite started my DVD collection just yet, but I am preparing to join the new millenium and pick up a DVD player finally.  I like to get pretty nice stuff when it comes to electronics, so what brands/models do you guys suggest I look into?  Any that I should avoid?

I just hope that George Lucas pulls his head out of his butt and puts the original trilogy out on DVD soon.  Absurd to have to make everyone wait this long.  And I want the original theatrical versions, in addition to the Special Editions where GL made some pretty lame changes.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2003, 11:35 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up Enemy at the Gates... I've rented it before, but I can't remember if I liked it enough to buy it... So, now I gotta think real hard about the lame parts (romance)....

Also, I'll pick up TNMT and Batman, One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest and maybe The Longest Day, eventually...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2003, 12:53 PM »
Just picked up a copy of The New Guy used on DVD.  Eliza Dushku - rrrrrrowr.  

Most of the rest of the collection is dominated by my wife's love of Disney movies (the only thing she collects).  Harry Potter, LOTR, SW are all there as well as Top Gun (1st DVD I owned) and a few others.  Maybe 100 total.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2003, 01:11 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up Enemy at the Gates... I've rented it before, but I can't remember if I liked it enough to buy it... So, now I gotta think real hard about the lame parts (romance)....

Also, I'll pick up TNMT and Batman, One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest and maybe The Longest Day, eventually...

If you find EatG for cheap, you should buy just for the shot of Rachel Weisz's bare ass  ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 01:11 PM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2003, 05:00 PM »
Ok everyone, riddle me this... Did Darkness Falls come out Tuesday (4/22) or not? The TV spots said it had that date as a release, but Ive checked a couple of Targets and WalMarts, all of which are flawless in getting new releases out on Tuesdays, and none of them had it, or knew about it.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2003, 05:26 PM »
Ok everyone, riddle me this...

LOL, you're showing your age (or your affection for bad TV).  

Sorry, no answer to your question though.  thanks for the chuckle
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.