Author Topic: 2013 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles - Yoda Boxes  (Read 17040 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 10:54 AM »
"Turrible"--  Charles Barkely

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 01:25 PM »
Initially I thought the Jedi Starfighter and Tank were okay, in a charming "hey, it's a toy!" kind of way.
Same here... I figured those were the two they could actually pass off as smaller, but when you see the regular R2-D2 figure next to the comically undersized R4 dome in the starfighter, it puts things into perspective. Same with the clone in the tank. And the less said about Slave I the better.

It's a shame that the TVC box vehicles didn't do well this year, as having a "premium" line of vehicles alongside these miniature offerings might have been a great move.

They really botched all of the Class II vehicles this year. The Vintage vehicles were just the same rehashed vehicles we've been seeing for years. How many times can you put Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter out there? And while I understand the choices made for the main line, they should have changed those assortments entirely. Put the Naboo Starfighter in Wave 1 with the Infiltrator and the AAT. Ditch the WM exclusive Dewback and Hyena Bomber and make the Anakin/Sebulba Podracers the exclusives there (since they had the battle pack with Anakin and Sebulba). No use putting those out en masse when you could only buy the pilots in a multipack available at one store.

But enough ranting. :) The Class I vehicles look like a better value every day.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 04:19 PM »
The thing about scale is that, the smaller things get next to each other the more noticeable the difference becomes.  People often thought mixing scales between 1:18 and 1:16 in military toy lines is no big deal till they see two tanks side by side.  With figures it can work but vehicles often look silly. 

I would bet the Jedi Fighters are actually close in terms of scale but as you can see the difference when they're for figures this size becomes huge.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 12:30 PM »
According to JTA, these have hit Canada at TRU.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 04:55 PM »
According to JTA, these have hit Canada at TRU.

Canadia can keep them.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 11:19 AM »
What's Canada?  Is that a local store?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 1, 2013, 06:48 PM »
What's Canada?  Is that a local store?

They keep Greenland from invading the U.S.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 2, 2013, 08:39 AM »
So that's why we need to spend 40 Billion on F-35 stealth fighters.  Now that makes sense. Those Danes.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: January 3, 2013, 03:05 PM »
Here's the DPCI should anyone out there actually want to buy any of these...

•STAR WARS CLASS II VEHICLES
•087-06-1387 $19.99
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 3, 2013, 07:07 PM »
Here's the DPCI should anyone out there actually want to buy any of these...

•STAR WARS CLASS II VEHICLES
•087-06-1387 $19.99

Sadly, that includes me.... *sigh*

Thanks for the number!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: January 4, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Looks like Wave 1 is finally up for Pre-Order at EE with a January ship date.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 4, 2013, 03:28 PM »
"Fight the separatists with this awesome group of starfighters. "

Jango Fett likes to fight Separatists, when he's, you know, not working for them.  :P

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 09:23 PM »
So the cancellation of the rest of the prequel trilogy in 3D is the ultimate FU to these things. I love it!
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles - Yoda Boxes
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 07:28 PM »
As I said in the "Big Lots Won't Sell 'Em for a Buck" 12 inch thread, I actually bought the Slave I at Target this past Sunday. Had it not been for my Boba Fett/Mandalorian character focus, I would not have gone near this with a ten foot pole. It might be the absolute worst Hasbro toy I have ever intentionally purchased and is an insult to not only collectors, but also the kids and parents at whom it is focused.

Remember the Cruise Missile Trooper?  IT IS WORSE THAN THAT. At least the CMT, with all its flaws, shortcomings, and horrid concept, was made out of quality plastic and had decent deco/paint, and you felt like you were getting your 14 dollars' worth, even if it was a horrible idea. You could see how a kid might enjoy it on some level, even if we were all rolling our eyes at its very existence. Despite its stupidity, it was obvious that someone at Kenner/Hasbro put an effort into the CMT and, fail though it did, Kenner/Hasbro learned a lesson and moved on.

This Slave I, however, is a collection of failure on a level that can't be accurately conveyed in text or pictures. Yes, it is ridiculously out of scale (it's about the size of the first Lego Boba Fett Slave I) and no thought seems to have gone into it. It weighs next to nothing, the paint is horrible, and the plastic is, quite simply, the same level of quality you'd see on a plastic Easter egg. I've compared it to every Slave I I have in my collection from multiple companies, and NOTHING feels as cheap as this. It's flimsy, it's weak, and it is just a disaster. Any kid who is still playing with Star Wars toys would break this within 2 days through no fault of their own, and the quicker these disappear from retail, the better because this is just sad and insulting. Michael Crawford's level of disgust with the 12" Anakin is hitting the nail on the head here, too, and Hasbro should be ashamed for even going this route. No kid is going to like this and if I were a kid, I'd rather get socks for my birthday than get this monstrosity.

Despite my general Hasbro pessimism, I do tend to be a bit forgiving when it comes to the quality of the toys themselves. This...thing, however, is just horrible and there's no excuse for it. It sucks as a collectible, it sucks as a toy, and I would say they deserve to rot in a landfill except that the ground would spit them out because they're that damn bad.

End overreactive hyperbole. In all seriousness, it's an awful toy on every level and a waste of time and resources.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2013 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles - Yoda Boxes
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 07:33 PM »
I think Hasbro, and the collecting world at large, grossly overestimates how gullible both kids and parents are, when it comes to levels of quality they expect in toys...  I think there's a lot of dismissive views.  I always just go back to my own childhood and how quickly I dropped Star Wars for G.I. Joe...  It wasn't even a debate in my 5-7 year old brain during those years.  G.I. Joe was simply better.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77