Author Topic: Iron Man (Movie and Sequels)  (Read 19685 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man (Movie and Sequels)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 05:55 PM »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 01:24 AM »
Well, that sucks.  :(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Spoiler warning IM3 set shots leaked - showing new armored character. Spoiler warning
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:33 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Yeah...I've got a couple comments on this piece of news but I won't spoil anything.  It's early, but if this is an indication of what direction they take with the villain then I may not be that happy with it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 07:57 PM »
I am intrigued.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Yeah...I've got a couple comments on this piece of news but I won't spoil anything.  It's early, but if this is an indication of what direction they take with the villain then I may not be that happy with it.

E...

I'm okay with the presumed villian - that's classic Iron Man stuff right there.  I'm less impressed with the armor shown.  I hope they don't go with anything resembling the more current "Detroit Steel" storyline from the comics. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 4, 2012, 01:57 AM »
The next Iron Man film appears to be very much about a past Iron Man storyline, and it's not derivative of what we saw in Avengers.  Comic fans may be familiar with the Extremis storyline.  I can't say that I am, but that's where the rumors for Iron Man 3 are pointing.  Additionally, Ben Kingsley has been cast for the movie, and is rumored to be playing the Mandarin.  Personally, I can't think of a more significant villain from the Iron Man canon.

Thor 2 is in the works, too.  That movie seems poised to show us more of the expansive universe outside of Earth and Asgard.  Plus, when you consider the fact that the object of Thanos' desire, the Inifinitey Gauntlet, showed up in the weapons vault on Asgard?  I think that Thor 2 might be the vehicle for further developing the plot involving Thanos.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 5, 2012, 10:36 PM »
The next Iron Man film appears to be very much about a past Iron Man storyline, and it's not derivative of what we saw in Avengers.  Comic fans may be familiar with the Extremis storyline.  I can't say that I am, but that's where the rumors for Iron Man 3 are pointing.  Additionally, Ben Kingsley has been cast for the movie, and is rumored to be playing the Mandarin.  Personally, I can't think of a more significant villain from the Iron Man canon.

Thor 2 is in the works, too.  That movie seems poised to show us more of the expansive universe outside of Earth and Asgard.  Plus, when you consider the fact that the object of Thanos' desire, the Inifinitey Gauntlet, showed up in the weapons vault on Asgard?  I think that Thor 2 might be the vehicle for further developing the plot involving Thanos.

I hope they aren't going the prequel route for IM3.  Extremis was a drug/virus that killed off the majority of people that took it.  But if it didn't kill you, it made you near invincible, with incredible strength, speed, and advanced intelligence.  Stark ends up taking it to stop the Jon Doe Bad Guy and of course he survives it.  It actually allows him to control multiple suits at once, which would make for a fun movie.  He also streamlines the armor to fit under his skin - think liquid metal hiding in his pores.  I think that part is a bit hokey, so hoping they don't go that route.  Mandarin would be a great villian, but I hope they keep moving forward and that this takes place post the Avengers movie.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 08:38 AM »
I also read they confirmed officially that Ben Kinglsley plays The Mandarin in IM3.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 02:28 PM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 02:40 PM »
Cool trailer.  Not sure what to think of this one, but Marvel hasn't let me down yet.  I'm curious to see what we get to see of the bad guy (Mandarin) and wondering how Iron Patriot is going to tie into this.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 11:43 AM »
At quick glance I didn't see a thread specifically for the Iron Man movies, but maybe I missed it.  Anyways, the first trailer for Iron Man 3 hit yesterday, so I thought I'd post it here.  Looks good, and I'm excited to see it.  Big year for heroes again in 2013 with IM3, Man of Steel, The Wolverine, and Thor: The Dark World all hitting next year...

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/ironman3/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 01:35 PM »
I watched the trailer last night.  The dialogue from Tony that acknowledged the events of The Avengers was interesting.  It seems like they definitely want to maintain some continuity in the Marvel universe.  As for the other dialogue?  I'm wondering if that was James Badge Dale, who I believe might be playing the Iron Patriot.  And the shots of Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin?  Those were interesting, albeit I was surprised to see him with a pistol.

I'm sure we'll see some more trailers in a couple of months.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 02:07 PM »
I haven't followed a ton of spoilers on this or anything, but I have read that the "Iron Patriot" (not sure if it is called that in the movie) is actually the new look for War Machine/Rhodey in the movie.  I think there may have been some set pics leaked or something with Cheadle in that armor actually.  I like the references to Avengers in the trailer/movie, and that they are continuing to keep that continuity.