Multimedia > The Sequel Trilogy

Disney Buys LFL

<< < (31/42) > >>

darth broem 2:
Yeah, it's going to be be the Sequel Trilogy first.  Then after that who knows? I could see them doing single character films after that.  Of course Boba Fett comes to mind.

TheSon:
So.... I was thinking, and if Disney purchased all of Lucasfilm, does that mean they own the rights to all of the footage and deleted scenes? I am already assuming sometime before Ep 7 comes out that a new 3D release box set may include the original films unaltered and in a bluray format. But with Disney's style of releasing anything to home video (raise your hand if you own a copy of Aladdin part 3). Is it safe to assume that other titles may be re-released or released for the first time such as the Ewoks movies, Droids cartoons, and the Star Wars Holiday special (which other than some of the singing has more entertainment value than it us given credit for)? I can also see collectors springing for ultimate editions of the original movies with the special editions, original editions, and ALL of the deleted scenes and footage in the vault that pertains to that film. I hate to buy these for a ridiculous fifth or sixth time, but....

Qui-Gon Jim:
I believe at some point in the next few years we'll get pre-97 cuts of the films.  I know there is murkiness with the rights to Star Wars, but I am sure that Fox would be happy to share in some revenue on a 35 year old film.

Phrubruh:
Fox is nothing but a distributer. They own nothing related to Star Wars. Fox got a small percentage to place the movie in theaters nothing more. It's like saying Walmart owns the rights to everthing it sells.

Qui-Gon Jim:
Fox does own the distribution rights for the first film, so it could throw some drama into the reality of this happening. They don't own anything else about the films except that, but it is sort of a big deal.  This is more like WalMart buying the EXCLUSIVE distribution rights to a product, and then the manufacturer trying to sell it at another distributor.  The manufacturer would have to wait for those rights to expire (which they won't here; Fox owns them in perpetuity) or the manufacturer and the distributors would have to hammer out an agreement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version