Multimedia > The Sequel Trilogy

Disney Buys LFL

<< < (32/42) > >>

Rob:
Quick, someone explain to Disney the importance of Tonnika Sisters action figures.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Scott on October 30, 2012, 10:43 PM ---Gone (hopefully) are all of the ******* blatant yes men like Burtt and McCallum. 
--- End quote ---

McCallum is definitely out.

Jesse James:
I'll never forget his hype surrounding every Prequal film.  There's no way he honestly believed a lot of what he was saying.

--- Quote ---"It's a producer's job to make possible a director's vision, whatever that may be,"
--- End quote ---

IE: He wanted it!  What was I gonna do!?  I was just following orders! :P

Jeff:
How Disney Bought LFL

Really interesting story there.  Fills in a lot of details about just when Lucas decided to get the band back together for Episode 7, when Disney came on board, etc.  Definitely a good read.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Jeff on March  7, 2013, 02:38 PM ---How Disney Bought LFL

Really interesting story there.  Fills in a lot of details about just when Lucas decided to get the band back together for Episode 7, when Disney came on board, etc.  Definitely a good read.

--- End quote ---

I'm not an investment banker, but it looks like Disney got a steal compared to what they paid for Pixar and Marvel.  They paid $7 billion and $4 billion for Pixar and Marvel, respectively, while paying $4 billion for Lucasfilm. 

Page 3 of the article shows the cash flows at the three companies at the time of purchase and Lucasfilm generates significantly more operating income than Marvel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version