Author Topic: Disney Buys LFL  (Read 78640 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Buys LFL; Announces Episode 7
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 04:51 PM »
Well that's it. We're on an express elevator to hell; going down! Game over, man. Game over.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 04:51 PM »
I wonder if "Episode 7" really means anything as far as timeline goes, and that it will follow things post-ROTJ.  Or, it could just mean new Star Wars, and fit in anywhere.  Do we see the OT "era" of stuff with recast Han/Luke/Leia (and no Vader?).  Do we see something way earlier like Old Republic type stuff?  Or do we see things all over the place like a Boba Fett movie (that has been discussed from time to time) then something else.  Really curious what we'll see.  You would think news could start rolling in pretty quickly if they are going to hit that 2015 date.  I mean, they won't necessarily be filming or anything yet, but at least cast/director/timeframe/etc.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 04:51 PM »
What about Indy 5?  This has to mean the mouse will get us Indy 5 too, right?

I think so... they were already working on it and Kathleen Kennedy was already onboard... I don't see any reason this would negatively impact Indiana Jones movies...

Quite frankly, and I might be alone on this, I'd rather see Disney running the show than George Lucas.  There's at least a chance that they get it (more) right.

I wonder if "Episode 7" really means anything as far as timeline goes, and that it will follow things post-ROTJ.  Or, it could just mean new Star Wars, and fit in anywhere.  Do we see the OT "era" of stuff with recast Han/Luke/Leia (and no Vader?).  Do we see something way earlier like Old Republic type stuff?  Or do we see things all over the place like a Boba Fett movie (that has been discussed from time to time) then something else.  Really curious what we'll see.  You would think news could start rolling in pretty quickly if they are going to hit that 2015 date.  I mean, they won't necessarily be filming or anything yet, but at least cast/director/timeframe/etc.

I'm wondering the same thing... Lucas always said he had a 9 movie thing planned out from the beginning... I don't know how that would work given the age of the actors, or the content of his original ideas, but to me anything that builds on the OT instead of making new **** up for the PT would be better than what we saw over the last 10 or 15 years.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:52 PM by Rob »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Oddly, I have a good feeling about this.  Look at what Disney is doing with Marvel.  They have someone great who is running it well.  I love Lucas, but non of us were blown away by the prequels.  I don't hate them at all, but they could have been so much better.  Imagine if the bring in talented, cheap directors like they are doing for Marvel.

The real question is what will Episdoe 7 be about?

Hamill and crew are too old for and Zahn type stuff.  I hope they create something totally new, use the droids, maybe Chewbacca, and have Luke be an old Jedi who is only in small parts.  I don't know.

Let Johnston make his Boba Fett film!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 05:00 PM »
This is pretty amazing news, and it's either the best thing or worst thing ever for the SW brand. It all depends on who gets to helm the project and how it all comes together. I'm totally shocked, and I never thought at this point I'd ever be looking forward to more SW movies... wow.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 05:08 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 05:08 PM »
So, I would guess that we'll see the entire OT released in 3D in 2014 then?  Maybe that is why they decided to finish off the PT next Fall, and line up an OT release over several weeks the following year...leading into a new movie the next Spring?

I'm not even sure what I want from new movies.  Honestly, I'm much more attached to the OT "crew", but I'm not even sure how they would go about it.  Use the original actors (only older, and maybe doubtful Ford would sign up), recast with younger actors (which maybe wouldn't be the same).....man, just so much to think about.  I've missed this type of excitement looking forward to a new Star Wars project though, I'll admit.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 05:10 PM »
New features at SW.com:

Lucas comments on the future of Star Wars = NEW VIDEO SERIES: A DISCUSSION ABOUT THE FUTURE OF STAR WARS

And - PASSING THE BATON: MEET KATHLEEN KENNEDY, the new ExProd of the new Star Wars movies.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 05:15 PM »
omg omg omg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY&feature=youtu.be

oops we have this videoo linked already....  move along
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:16 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 05:17 PM »
The main reason I have faith that this could be awesome is Kathleen Kennedy. 

Her resume is incredible.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 05:20 PM »
This is big news.  As for SW 7, I'm hesitant to get excited until I know what it's about.  I always thought that Lucas said the story was about Anakin's fall to the dark side and his redemption... so, what's left to tell, unless they do a live action Clone Wars movie.... or redo (I think the 'in' word is reimagine) the prequels to something that Scott has posted on the forums.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 05:21 PM »
so does this squash the possibility of the TV show happening or does this put it on the fast track?  Curious because Marvel is bringing out the SHIELD series with the millions of Marvel movies coming out

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 05:21 PM »
I am not sure if I should be happy or not.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Just can't wait for the commercials: "Get your classic 40th anniversary edition of Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope before it returns to the vault." (or however the use that scare tactic).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 05:29 PM »
I am not sure if I should be happy or not.

No sense fighting it Jesse.