Author Topic: Disney Buys LFL  (Read 78469 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Disney Buys LFL; Announces Episode 7
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2012, 06:54 PM »
So Luke as the wise man seems, at least somewhat likely at this point?  I think one could make that guess safely.

I like the idea...  I just hope they've offed everyone else, to some degree.  :-\  Old age, natural progression, nature taking its course stuff...  No planets flattening an unstoppable might, or anything completely dickheaded like that.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2012, 07:04 PM »
BTW some images already leaked as Disney's been working on a new series of edits to the original trilogy.  Here's a pic that came out from A New Hope...

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2012, 10:24 PM »
LOL!  Nice. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Awesome pic JJ!

As for the big news, after being slightly skeptical yesterday I've become very excited. Maybe since I grew up with and enjoyed the prequels I don't feel like I have been "fooled" or "duped", and because of that I am receptive of the idea of more Star Wars movies... I'm also stoked to see what other talent (directors, writers, producers, etc.) has to offer the franchise, and of course the awesome toys that will result. If Disney does a half as good job as they have done with Marvel, I'll be pleased.   

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Not mine, it was going 'round Twitter some and elsewhere, so I scarfed it. :)  I'm no PS expert.  Pretty creative I thought, though.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 1, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Lots of these going around...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 1, 2012, 01:58 PM »
I have to think that at least the story outline for Episode 7 has to exist in good enough form that they now have a writing team working on a script. Otherwise, how would a 2015 release date even be possible?

Overall, I'm excited about the news. I'm okay with them bringing back anyone who wants to come back as long as they're there serve the story. I would hate to see scenes created just for a character - like Ackbar popping up just to say "Is it a trap?" or similar.

« Last Edit: November 1, 2012, 02:29 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #112 on: November 1, 2012, 02:09 PM »
That's my thought as well as far as the script. They will have to some ways along in casting/director/script to even consider 2015. If the special effects are as massive as the PT or more, shooting can occur no later than early 2014. I doubt a year post production would suffice, but then a lot is unknown about the film. There was an interview with Mark Hamill yesterday where he said he and Carrie Fisher had met with Lucas this summer. He didn't specifically say anything about the ST but one can start to imagine that Lucas has been lining up his ducks.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 1, 2012, 02:25 PM »
That shouldn't be surprising.  I'm sure this deal has been in the works for the better part of a year at least, so it's highly likely that either Lucas or Disney or some combination of the two has been working up some basic storylines.  It will be very interesting to see this all unfold.

Personally, I have no issues with Luke, Leia, Han, Ackbar, whoever coming back for these episodes.  I don't want the movies centered around them, but I don't see any problem with cameos or even smaller parts that pave the transition for new characters.  I think it would be odd to have a movie set in the relative proximity of Jedi (next 15-30 years) that does not touch on the core characters from the OT.  And I would much rather see the characters in person rathern than someone conveniently mentioning "Oh, Luke, Leia, and Han were all killed by a random power coupling failure."  See the latest Bourne film for reference on how awful that comes across.

Given what we know about Lucas and the first six movies, I think there's almost zero chance that these movies do not focus on some lineage of Skywalkers.  It would seem incredibly awkward to me that we see the development, fall, and redemption of Anakin, then focus on completely new characters that have nothing to do with Luke or Leia for the next three movies.  There's actually a lot of fertile EU ground with the Solo kids if they wanted to go that route.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 1, 2012, 03:29 PM »
I just hope the conflict is big and scary... the prequels sucked to me largely because there wasn't a big problem... trade federations and blockades and clones in a random desert.. it didn't start getting good to me until the second half of the third movie.

There was never the sense that the enemy was big, and impossible to defeat... not like the originals with the Empire, the Death Star...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #115 on: November 1, 2012, 03:40 PM »
I'm optimistic for this new trilogy due to the fact that it won't be limited in the story and scope it can tell by having to fit within a certain timeline as the prequel could only lead up to the events of ANH. The possibilities are amazing for what the new post-ROTJ trilogy can bring.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #116 on: November 1, 2012, 04:14 PM »
I'm just wondering if the conflict is going to come from within (i.e. Sith plot) or without (i.e. invasion by some new enemy).
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 1, 2012, 05:18 PM »
If Hamill and Fisher are in the new movies I hope they get digitally re-touched.  They haven't aged well and might scare the kids  ;)

« Last Edit: November 1, 2012, 05:19 PM by Dave »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #118 on: November 1, 2012, 07:46 PM »
I hope that they go at least a generation into the future.  It's a great opportunity to start fresh and tell a great story in this universe.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #119 on: November 1, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Well I'm mixed on the whole thing. Eager to hear more though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"