Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 244075 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Just read this article that Latino Review is reporting that Harrison Ford is "in" for Episode 7:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=74331

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2013, 11:43 AM »
Just read this article that Latino Review is reporting that Harrison Ford is "in" for Episode 7:

Cool!  I don't see how they can avoid getting Luke/Han/Leia into E7 at least, so great to here progress on getting the original actors.  Of course, I'm not sure the "Latino Review" is where I'd expect to find breaking news on Harrison Ford or Star Wars...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Yeah, who knows, there are new rumors nearly every day anymore.  I wasn't aware of them prior to the past five years or so, but Latino Review is actually a fairly reliable rumor source with a lot of the comic book movie-type stuff, so maybe it is true.  We'll see.  SW.com should just post a picture of Ford/Hamill/Fisher together and announce it there that they are returning.  The interwebs would be abuzz :).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2013, 12:20 PM »
If it's true, I'm assuming #1 it means that all the armored cars in the country will be busy for the next two weeks bringing a GIANT pile of cash to Mr. Ford and #2 it means he'll probably get his wish this time around re: the fate of Han Solo.  :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2013, 02:12 PM »
This should own, as he will be able to be an old, grumpy d-bag.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Cool!  I don't see how they can avoid getting Luke/Han/Leia into E7 at least, so great to here progress on getting the original actors.  Of course, I'm not sure the "Latino Review" is where I'd expect to find breaking news on Harrison Ford or Star Wars...

El Mayimbe is pretty spot on in everything he posts. Latino Review is pretty good at confirming stories before posting. They are well respected.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2013, 12:24 AM »
The only reason I don't like this is because I think the only reason it's happening is to kill off Han Solo, and I hate that idea.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2013, 06:11 PM »
Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 5, 2013, 09:06 PM »
According to a recent interview, it sounds like Carrie Fisher has confirmed that she'll be back:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75229

I really hope we get confirmation pretty soon of the main cast returning, and really get the hype machine started for this.  Some of the most fun of the prequels was the news and speculation in the years leading up to the movies, I'm looking forward to that again.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #159 on: March 7, 2013, 03:13 PM »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #160 on: March 7, 2013, 07:13 PM »
I for one am looking forward to it. As long as it fits the story, I think it will be great.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 8, 2013, 06:25 AM »
Lucas is new Spoiler Source: Big 3 returning

If you get the entire quote from the Bloomberg article, Lucas goes from saying they were signed, to they were in final negotiations, to who knows if they would have signed.  He seemed to really backtrack on it after he initially let it slip.  I think the most interesting thing is that Lucas was actually going to go forward with the sequel trilogy on his own as a means to showing the franchise was still profitable for any potential buyers.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #162 on: March 8, 2013, 09:15 AM »
The whole article is very fascinating. So this seems to have started a couple years ago, and Lucas went fairly far down the garden path before selling to Disney. I wonder if he started this and then thought - wow. I don't want to do this, or he did do it to make the company more attractive to Disney. I'm more curious than ever of the story.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 8, 2013, 02:11 PM »
The whole article is very fascinating. So this seems to have started a couple years ago, and Lucas went fairly far down the garden path before selling to Disney. I wonder if he started this and then thought - wow. I don't want to do this, or he did do it to make the company more attractive to Disney. I'm more curious than ever of the story.

I took EXACTLY that from the article.  There's a quote where he said he was having a conversation with Kathleen Kennedy about making the company more attractive to a potential buyer.

Lucas asked if she was interested in taking over Lucasfilm. Kennedy may have been blindsided by the news, but she happily accepted the position. “When Kathy came on, we started talking about starting up the whole franchise again,” he says. “I was pulling away, and I said, ‘Well, I’ve got to build this company up so it functions without me, and we need to do something to make it attractive.’ So I said, ‘Well, let’s just do these movies.’ ”
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 8, 2013, 02:40 PM »
This was a really fun read.  Interesting to hear about everything that was going on behind the scenes.  I wish there had been some elaboration on the discussions with the original actors.  Would love to have heard Harrison's reponse - did they have to throw a lot of money at him?  Has he come around more to the character?  Were Fisher or Hamill at all hesitent?  Has anyone talked to Billy D?  All in good time I suppose.

What I found most surprising was that Lucas seems to have to put together a storyline for the new trilogy already.  Not sure how I feel about that given what he did with the prequels.   :-\  I'd also love a peak at that Holocron database.  They should publish that for fans.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today