Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 244095 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2012, 05:43 PM »
Plus side that probably prevented some EU crapfest book about Star Wars's humans being descedents of Earthlings from the future.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2012, 06:06 PM »
Plus side that probably prevented some EU crapfest book about Star Wars's humans being descedents of Earthlings from the future.

Yeah, a storyline like that would be totally ridiculous.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2012, 12:28 PM »
But what if they were being chased by robots as they look for a new home? Now you got something!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2012, 12:54 PM »
But what if they were being chased by robots as they look for a new home? Now you got something!

That helps, but still too bland.  You would need to throw in some kind of resurrection plot for a hot blonde pilot, then leave her "death" as something of a mystery towards the end of the series.  Now that would be something worth watching.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2012, 04:05 PM »
What would be even cooler is if some of those robots looked human, too... say like 12 or 13 models and you'd never know who was bad... or some of them could be good. 

Then add a law enforcement officer that hunts down these replicants who are trying to find their maker and understand why they are designed with an expiration date... and somehow that whole word is related to one that has these insectoid aliens who impregnate people and it explodes out of their chest... which is also in the same universe as these ugly MFken aliens that hunt humans for sport...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2012, 03:49 PM »
Now you are getting silly. Who would make movies like that?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2012, 02:34 AM »
I've never really heard much, outside of a few things, of Lucas taking direct interest in EU really...  rather I've heard Lucasfilm had oversight of EU that became more strict as time went on, but in the earlier days of it, it was fairly loose as I understand it.

The only things I've heard him having a direct interest in that got much notice were Clone Wars and, seemingly to a lesser degree, TFU.  Can't recall much more.  I seem to recall even reading somewhere he really didn't care for some of the 2D CW toon even.

TOR he's seemingly not taken much interest in...  Maybe it's the era being so far away from "his baby"?  He outright argued with others within LFL when they pushed for the name Coruscant to be adopted for the city planet in the prequals, or so the story goes anyway, because it was established by Timothy Zahn.

He openly criticized the notion of bringing Fett back from the Sarlacc, laughing at it, and saying, "In my vision, Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc and that was that".  I'll never forget how he kinda looked down on the idea even.  I think that was the first time I saw him sort of turn his nose up on EU a bit publicly.

I guess I just haven't seen much to make me think, outside of the new CW toon, that he's hands-on...  I think he has people who are, and I do think it's a more controlled thing NOW, but I think if you look at anything prior to 1999, at the earliest, he really just let things go wherever the $ took them.  I think maybe the Prequals (and thus more and more EU coming out) had him reign that in with a team, and perhaps himself more than he had been.  Still though, even the CW seemingly has pushed some things that Lucas himself seems to have seen no interest in tying to the established EU...  The Y-Wings came to mind instantly really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2012, 07:02 AM »
I would say the whole Mandalorians in the Clone Wars is Lucas's direct hand in the EU.  I have no idea why he went the way he did with it.  It makes little sense to me.  It would have been equivalent to the hippies taking over the US government during the Viet Nam era.  I just don't see how the non-violent Mandalorians take over the government from a warrior race.

While not Lucas directly, his daughter was responsible for the whole Dathomir arc.  While she did change some stuff from established EU the biggest crime is that absolutely zero credit was given to Dave Wolverton who wrote The Courtship of Princess Leia.  That novel created Dathomir and the Nightsisters.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2012, 08:12 AM »
He openly criticized the notion of bringing Fett back from the Sarlacc, laughing at it, and saying, "In my vision, Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc and that was that".  I'll never forget how he kinda looked down on the idea even.  I think that was the first time I saw him sort of turn his nose up on EU a bit publicly.

He was right about that one.

But years later he gives the go ahead to bring Maul back.  ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2012, 02:44 PM »
At the time I agreed with the Fett thing...  the PT actually changed me some.  I played Bounty Hunter and became more a Fett Clan Fan at that point, and wanted the story to continue for Boba not just abruptly end in a chump fashion.

I've drunk the Boba Fett kool-aid.  :-[  I was one of the purists too that loved pointing that out to Fett fans but I've since done a 180.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Rumors of possible plot details:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=71540

Not much, but it mentions Luke possibly restarting the Jedi academy on Yavin.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Cool by me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2012, 01:29 PM »
Source looks pretty sketchy to me, but I hope they go this route.  It would make the most sense given the events leading up to E7.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2012, 02:45 PM »
Tikal me pink if that happens.

:D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2012, 11:08 PM »
The sourcing on a return to Tikal is sketchy.  Even the Reuters report that was the source for the comicbookmovie.com link was pretty vague.  And Reuters is a world-renowned news agency.  But in that part of the article it looked as though they were going on what a Guatemalan Star Wars fan group had stated, and nothing from Disney or Lucasfilm.

Only time will tell!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback