Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 244070 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)
« Reply #916 on: August 10, 2016, 03:51 PM »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 10, 2016, 03:57 PM »
I'll just watch the new deleted scenes on YouTube...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #918 on: August 10, 2016, 04:02 PM »
From EW:
Deleted Scenes – While there were a handful of deleted footage on the original Blu-ray, this one promises even more “never-before-shared” scenes.

Does this mean Zuvio finally gets his due?!?  We can only hope...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 10, 2016, 07:38 PM »
LOL, the first thing I thought of was Zuvio...Jeff beat me to it.

One can hope, poor schmoe is going down in toy infamy otherwise.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 10, 2016, 07:55 PM »
I could not give a toss about Zuvio. 

I WANNA SEE CHEWIE RIP SOMEONE'S ARM OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 11, 2016, 08:04 AM »
I'll just watch the new deleted scenes on YouTube...

I couldn't agree more.  I gave in and bought all the original releases as well as the Special Editions when LOTR were released and said I would never do that again.  Just went the SE route with The Hobbit movies.  Unless they were releasing a SE with 30 more minutes of footage added, I'm not bothering to buy this.  I'll see the deleted stuff eventually.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 4, 2016, 02:10 PM »
So has this been bothering anyone else?

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 5, 2016, 04:53 PM »
No, but this has.  :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #924 on: October 19, 2016, 11:33 AM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 19, 2016, 11:40 AM »
I'm so glad they cut that Unkar Plutt scene. That was highly implausible on a number of different levels.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 19, 2016, 04:48 PM »
I'm glad they left that out. Plutt's facial expressions were not good. Hopefully that wasn't a completed scene.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 19, 2016, 08:13 PM »
I've read some other articles about that scene, and the reports stated that the effects shots were not completed when that scene got cut from the movie.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 16, 2016, 11:07 AM »
Did anyone pick this new set up? I'm trying to find out if this is worth a purchase, but none of the reviews I've seen online go into any details besides "ZOMG it's awesome and every Star Wars fan must buy it!"
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 1, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Did anyone pick this new set up? I'm trying to find out if this is worth a purchase, but none of the reviews I've seen online go into any details besides "ZOMG it's awesome and every Star Wars fan must buy it!"

I've held off, even if there is the additional deleted scene between Rey, Unkar Plutt and Chewbacca.  I've seen it on YouTube.

I've actually been re-watching TFA recently and some questions have been popping up for me.  Such as?

Rey's origins and her life on Jakku.  One thing is certain about Rey:  someone very deliberately hid her away on Jakku.  Why they did that and who are both questions that I have. 

Some of the questions that I have are tied up in the Falcon's presence on Jakku, and how Han Solo happens to encounter the Falcon after Rey, Finn and BB-8 escape from Jakku.  Supposedly, the Falcon had changed hands several times.  Somehow it changed hands from Han Solo to Ganner Ducain, then the Irving boys, and eventually it wound up in the possession of Unkar Plutt.  In the course of trying to escape the First Order on Jakku, Rey remarked to Finn that the Falcon had not flown in years.  She also expressed some familiarity with the ship, which tells me that she had done some work on it for Unkar Plutt.  Had she done so working for him?  Clearly she was familiar with the Falcon's systems, and she recognizes that it's a tough ship to operate, requiring almost constant maintenance.

As always, people can argue that it was the will of The Force that the Falcon wound up on Jakku, as did Rey.  But it seemed like Han Solo had some sort of inkling about Rey's identity.  And his current freighter, the Eravana, just happened to be close enough to Jakku to capture the ship.  Han was able to override the controls of the Falcon remotely.  And he was able to get the systems back up and running the with the flip of a switch as he went to the Falcon's cockpit.  So was it The Force, or did Han Solo have a very long play that he was seeing through?

It also seems that Han has plans for Rey when they talk on Takodana.  She's young and naive, and he seems prepared to take her on under this pretext of being part of the crew.  But there does seem to be something more behind this, and that gets reinforced when Maz asks Han "Who's the girl"?

A number of theories also seem to be circulating that SOMETHING aside from Ben Solo/Organa going off to train with Luke caused the rift between Han and Leia.  Was there some other tragedy that befell them before Ben turned on Luke and became Kylo Ren?  It does seem like something like the loss of a child may have driven them apart.  Is it possible that child was Rey?  Did Han or even Luke see signs of darkness and cruelty in Ben as a child, and send Rey away for her own protection?  Because when Kylo Ren Force choked Lt. Mitaka and demand to know "What girl?", it seemed that he might have had insights about Rey before ever even seeing her.

And then, THE HUG.  The hug between Leia and Rey following the destruction of Starkiller base.  Supposedly, Leia and Rey had never met before that.  And JJ Abrams has said that he regrets having let that get into the final cut of TFA.  Did that let on more than should have been revealed?

On a totally different note?  I think I've finally figured out where the Rathtars come from.  Cross a Sarlacc, Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors and a Madball, and you get VOILA!  A Rathtar.

Feedback