Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 244080 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #390 on: May 2, 2014, 08:36 AM »
Saw a rumor about the possible title of E7 being leaked...  Seemed plausible, though what doesn't? This one sorta stuck though, to me.  Anyone else catch it?

Read an article that had three different working titles, so I'm not sure what to believe at this point.  Another article mentioned that Von Sydow was only being used for his voice and that another Asian actress was signed to play Ventress.  I don't believe either one of those though...  Can't wait for some real news on Sunday!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #391 on: May 2, 2014, 10:02 AM »
Also, no Kenny Baker in the photo.  But what is he going to do at a table read?

What are you talking about?  He's in the crate.

I heard that he won't be doing this picture because he's afraid of being typecast.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 3, 2014, 10:03 PM »
Also, no Kenny Baker in the photo.  But what is he going to do at a table read?

What are you talking about?  He's in the crate.

Oh, Kenny....
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #393 on: May 6, 2014, 08:55 AM »
The movie's working title is "The Ancient Fear," says AICN.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #394 on: May 6, 2014, 09:02 AM »
Not that Harry Knowles is plugged in or anything but there have been plenty of title rumors over the years that have never panned out. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #395 on: May 6, 2014, 09:32 AM »
Legit or not, it's worlds better than "Order of the Jedi."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 6, 2014, 09:43 AM »
True dat.  ROTJ wound up having TWO working titles before it was eventually finalized.  And of course the easiest title to figure out was that of Episode III, and that just seemed very obvious. Hell, people thought that this new movie was going to be called A New Dawn, and that wound up being the title for an EU comic or book IIRC.  What I've been seeing is that the title is set to be announced at SDCC this summer.  So we should know in about two months.

The Ewan McGregor talk has been somewhat interesting, as far as him reprising his role as Obi-Wan.  But how to do it in a way that makes sense?  After all, Obi-Wan Kenobi's Force Spirit resembled him at the end of his life, as played by Alex Guiness.  How do you justify Ewan McGregor playing that Spirit Guide to Luke now?  One thing that came to mind is that in his exile on Tatooine Obi-Wan spent time making a holocron about the Jedi Order as a tool for Luke's training.  This is something that could be done with Ewan McGregor, although I think it would work to best effect if he's made up as if he's 10 years older than when we last saw him at the end of ROTS.  And let's face it...where is Luke really going to learn about the history of the Jedi if there is to be a new Jedi Order?  It has the potential to make sense from a plot standpoint.

...Just an idea!
« Last Edit: May 6, 2014, 10:25 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 6, 2014, 09:48 AM »
I love The Ancient Fear because it evokes images of that rumored plot with all the assassin droids pouring out of the underworld of Coruscant. Cool stuff.

John Boyega showed up in 24 last night...nice.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 6, 2014, 11:23 AM »
Not a fan... sounds as off-putting to me as "the phantom menace." 

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 6, 2014, 12:50 PM »
I saw a comment I agree with on another site regarding this title.  Basically they said do you think Disney would allow the word Ancient in the title with ages of Ford et al.?  The title fits the mold of Ep. I and IV that refer to a person or people, so why it might not be legit, it may be something along those lines.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 6, 2014, 01:18 PM »
The ancient fear has to do with Carrie Fishing in her metal bikini.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #401 on: May 6, 2014, 01:20 PM »
If it's the title it's a working title and like all the others it will probably change. For me it's not particularly strong, but we'll see.

As far as Obi-Wan, I think there's a couple angles. One is ageing Ewan McGregor via make up or CGI. A combo of the two would probably get close to Alec Guinness. I like the holocron idea, but another option would be just having him 'de-age.' Lucas opened the door on this by having Hayden Christensen appear in ROTJ. The only explanation for this is the Jedi somehow have the power to 'regress' in the Force, or appear as they want to. This would be ok with me.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 6, 2014, 05:08 PM »
As far as Obi-Wan, I think there's a couple angles. One is ageing Ewan McGregor via make up or CGI. A combo of the two would probably get close to Alec Guinness. I like the holocron idea, but another option would be just having him 'de-age.' Lucas opened the door on this by having Hayden Christensen appear in ROTJ. The only explanation for this is the Jedi somehow have the power to 'regress' in the Force, or appear as they want to. This would be ok with me.

Wasn't the explanation given that it reflected the Jedi from when they "died" - in the case of Anakin, he actually "died" the moment he turned to the dark side and was defeated by Obi-Wan on Mustafar.

I always thought that explanation was garbage and I think your rationale works much much better. In fact they made fun of this in the "How it Should Have Ended" cartoon for Return of the Jedi - Anakin bounces around appearing even as young as he did in EP1 and the Yoda & Obi-Wan ghosts are like "oh god, please turn back".

So the net-net is that I think if Kasdan and Abrams have a good justification for Obi-Wan speaking with Luke then they will make it work and what better way to make a connection to the PT in addition to already having the obvious OT connections than to have an actor from the PT show up in a cameo.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #403 on: May 6, 2014, 07:34 PM »
Looking at Bad Grandpa, I'm quite sure they could make McGregor look like Guiness if they wanted to do so...  I'm fine with that.  Alec's dead, so you can't expect a lot more than some good make-up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #404 on: May 7, 2014, 03:56 AM »
There's going to be so much lens flare, no one's going to know what the Force Ghost looks like.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.