Author Topic: Jedi dying in space!  (Read 3501 times)

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Jedi dying in space!
« on: August 10, 2003, 08:10 AM »
This is an excert from Hyper Space "The new Jedi starfighter is designed with a removable cockpit. The oval-shaped module detaches from the frame of the ship to facilitate cockpit filming. It rests on a manually operated gimbal, providing some tilt and rocking motion for the ship. A light is mounted on a curving frame above it. The light slides along the curving track, providing a rotating light source to make it look like the cockpit spins from side to side.

This single cockpit will be used for all the Jedi starfighters seen in this film, including the vessels piloted by Anakin, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Plo Koon. Today, an ill-fated Jedi is getting blasted from the sky."

I'm guessing from this that Plo Koon dies in a space battle not a light sabre fight.  At first I wanted all the Jedi to go out with their lightsabres but a few Jedi going out in a really cool dog-fight would be brilliant.  But who's attacking them?  Droid fighters, a new alien race, Dooku or Anakin?  I'm getting excitted!!!

He can't muck this one up! just kill'em all in a really cool way!

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi dying in space!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 01:24 PM »
I'm sure there is going to be an excellent space battle and I have also heard that Plo will meet his demise this way...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 03:28 PM »
I would love to see a huge battle up in space!
dustrho

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 02:20 AM »
Again,  I think that we will see space battles as well as land battles...  They have to come up with ways for Jedi's to be killed off other than particular Jedi having their own death scenes...  Would take up too much time.  I also think that any space battle they come up with,  will be an ultimate battle kinda like the final battle in ROTJ.

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 04:54 AM »
I heard peter Mayhew say that the film opened with a battle above Kashyk (spelt wrong I think?) to signal the end of the clone wars.  So maybe wookies in starfighters along side the Jedi.  Maybe Cheewie in a starfighter?  That would be pretty good if he makes it work.  I think we need Anakin being a great starpilot on the good side of the force for a bit, or at least to see it.

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 12:13 PM »
 "Peter Mayhew, the dude in the furry suit, told a British journalist that the opening scene of the movie is a Wookiee battle sequence that takes place on a never-before-seen planet. More startlingly, Mayhew also said that Chewbacca acts as midwife to Natalie Portman's Padmé when she gives birth to twins Luke and Leia. We hope he washes his paws first."  Just conformation of that quote above.  It's from the force.net so I'm guessing it's reliable.

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 03:27 PM »
I had heard the rumors of a gigantic opening space battle as well...
I think it make more sense to me though that the planet is Neimodia or perhaps Dooku's home planet which ever would be the home planet of the Separatists

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2003, 03:46 PM »
wookie Battle Sequence=Kyshhk...or howver tf its spelled.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...