Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

TRU Exclusive Endor Big AT-AT

<< < (3/8) > >>

iFett:
Here we go:

--- Quote from: Jeff on November 28, 2012, 01:13 PM ---According to JTA, the Falcon will be going on sale for $180 next week.  If you can get the 15% off credit card deal next week, you could get that down to about $165 with tax.

--- End quote ---

Rob:
Unless you want it anyway and plan on keeping and using it, signing up for a credit card to save a few dollars on a single purchase always struck me as a really bad idea.

iFett:
Ya I agree...Could have saved $50 on one of my Amazon purchases this week, but decided not to go that route.

Not a bad deal though if you can find 20% off coupon or something...

Rob:

--- Quote from: iFett on November 30, 2012, 03:13 PM ---Ya I agree...Could have saved $50 on one of my Amazon purchases this week, but decided not to go that route.

Not a bad deal though if you can find 20% off coupon or something...

--- End quote ---

Ha, the Amazon card is the one card I did sign up for to get the bonus when I was younger... I think I wanted $30 off of the Indiana Jones DVD release 5 or 6 years ago.  Of course, I use the hell out of that card, and the points bonus on it is great.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Diddly on November 30, 2012, 12:25 AM ---No, they were in the case on the top shelf... I assumed they were Endor sets because they had price stickers on the case that said "Endor AT-AT."

I did go back to the same TRU the other day and ALL the AT-ATs were gone, including the old 2010 ones they had on the bottom shelf.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm.  The markings on the case itself would probably be the best indicator of which version of the AT-AT was in those cases.  The price stickers are generated by TRU's computer system, and it might not accurately reflect what was in the actual case.

Here's the Galactic Hunter article about the Endor AT-AT:

--- Quote ---Hasbro announced that this was slated for an October release at Comic-Con, and while the Endor AT-AT was released at ToysRUs Canada (at a $149.99 CDN pricepoint), it has yet to show up on U.S. shelves for the holiday shopping season, raising speculation that it may have been bumped to next spring. Why the bump? Perhaps TRU needed a spring exclusive, and with the blue boxed AT-AT readily available online and in stores and the Vintage BMF being the huge exclusive ship of the season for the retailer, it may not be a bad move. There's still a chance this may show up in the next few weeks, but it's looking more like it's been held back.

--- End quote ---

That's speculation on GH's part.  But until we actually see it in store they may be onto something.  Either way, it would be strange to see TWO different AT-AT's on store shelves at this time, and it would also be a little odd to see it in the spring when the new line look gets launched.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version