Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor Big AT-AT  (Read 13170 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
TRU Exclusive Endor Big AT-AT
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:20 AM »
Mods: Didn't see a thread for this, so if there is one, I apologize

These are hitting TRUs I guess, as I saw cases of them on the top shelf at my local "rich part of town" TRU today. Price was $129.99. I still need a Big AT-AT but might just buy one of the Hoth ones since they're the same price and I'm not that into the muddy paintjob.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor Big AT-AT
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 09:39 AM »
With the $250 BMF sitting right next to it, the Endor AT-AT looks like a bargain. I was really expecting the AT-AT to be $160 while the old stock of Hoth be $120.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Galactic Hunter is speculating that these have been held back until the Spring, but Diddly says he saw these the other day...

Is GH just wildly speculating?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Mods: Didn't see a thread for this, so if there is one, I apologize

These are hitting TRUs I guess, as I saw cases of them on the top shelf at my local "rich part of town" TRU today. Price was $129.99. I still need a Big AT-AT but might just buy one of the Hoth ones since they're the same price and I'm not that into the muddy paintjob.

Did you see it out of the case?  Because I still see cases of 2 x AT-AT's in TRU stores.  But those have all been in the SOTDS packaging.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:50 PM »
I checked around on the 21st because of diddly's report, but none were to be found in all of So Cal. Also not online, so I'm inclined to think that it was the older version that was spotted.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 12:25 AM »
No, they were in the case on the top shelf... I assumed they were Endor sets because they had price stickers on the case that said "Endor AT-AT."

I did go back to the same TRU the other day and ALL the AT-ATs were gone, including the old 2010 ones they had on the bottom shelf.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 07:56 AM »
I'm hoping they are delayed and wind up at Five Below 6 months from now.   :D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 12:31 PM »
With the $250 BMF sitting right next to it, the Endor AT-AT looks like a bargain. I was really expecting the AT-AT to be $160 while the old stock of Hoth be $120.

The Falcon was $275 at the TRU here... I regretted not getting on the first time through and wanted to pick one up, but for $275 they can forget it.  I'd have to see it at 50% off that price to even think about it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:56 PM »
I think Jeff mentioned somewhere that the Falcon will be on sale next week(ish)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 01:09 PM »
I think Jeff mentioned somewhere that the Falcon will be on sale next week(ish)

I don't think any regular sale will do it for me if the starting price is $275, but we'll see.  Especially with the lego binge I'm on.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 01:28 PM »
Here we go:

According to JTA, the Falcon will be going on sale for $180 next week.  If you can get the 15% off credit card deal next week, you could get that down to about $165 with tax.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 02:58 PM »
Unless you want it anyway and plan on keeping and using it, signing up for a credit card to save a few dollars on a single purchase always struck me as a really bad idea.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Ya I agree...Could have saved $50 on one of my Amazon purchases this week, but decided not to go that route.

Not a bad deal though if you can find 20% off coupon or something...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 03:19 PM »
Ya I agree...Could have saved $50 on one of my Amazon purchases this week, but decided not to go that route.

Not a bad deal though if you can find 20% off coupon or something...

Ha, the Amazon card is the one card I did sign up for to get the bonus when I was younger... I think I wanted $30 off of the Indiana Jones DVD release 5 or 6 years ago.  Of course, I use the hell out of that card, and the points bonus on it is great.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 03:40 PM »
No, they were in the case on the top shelf... I assumed they were Endor sets because they had price stickers on the case that said "Endor AT-AT."

I did go back to the same TRU the other day and ALL the AT-ATs were gone, including the old 2010 ones they had on the bottom shelf.

Hmmm.  The markings on the case itself would probably be the best indicator of which version of the AT-AT was in those cases.  The price stickers are generated by TRU's computer system, and it might not accurately reflect what was in the actual case.

Here's the Galactic Hunter article about the Endor AT-AT:

Hasbro announced that this was slated for an October release at Comic-Con, and while the Endor AT-AT was released at ToysRUs Canada (at a $149.99 CDN pricepoint), it has yet to show up on U.S. shelves for the holiday shopping season, raising speculation that it may have been bumped to next spring. Why the bump? Perhaps TRU needed a spring exclusive, and with the blue boxed AT-AT readily available online and in stores and the Vintage BMF being the huge exclusive ship of the season for the retailer, it may not be a bad move. There's still a chance this may show up in the next few weeks, but it's looking more like it's been held back.

That's speculation on GH's part.  But until we actually see it in store they may be onto something.  Either way, it would be strange to see TWO different AT-AT's on store shelves at this time, and it would also be a little odd to see it in the spring when the new line look gets launched.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback