Author Topic: Walmart Black Friday 8-Packs  (Read 17448 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Walmart Black Friday 8-Packs
« on: November 18, 2012, 02:18 PM »
Insight into those Black Friday Wal-Mart 8 packs

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2012/11/17/walmart-black-friday-8-pack-details/

Chances to get Clone Trooper Draa, Shaak Ti, Quilan Voss, zombie Geonosian.

And Scuba Ahsoka, Commander Wolfe.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Friday 8-Packs
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:28 PM »
Wow, that's shocking...some of those are great assortments!

I may have to bite, hoping one of those has the single carded Mando as well...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Not sure where else to post this, but am curious about the new Walmart 8-pack assortments.

Other than the Yakface report, is there any specific info out there about what the precise case assortments will be available? There appear to be several.

Also, more importantly, when should we expect to see these on display in Walmarts? I would assume by Black Friday but maybe later.

Curious what other may be hearing/seeing...thanks!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 09:05 AM »
These are going to be out (theoretically) after 8pm on Thursday.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 03:21 PM »
In the past, the assortments have been kind of consistent, but they were always 2-packs, not 8, so who knows.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 05:13 PM »
A few years ago my wife convinced me to get up at 4 am with her so we could get a new TV at a Walmart. What they did then was bring out the pallets of stuff still wrapped in plastic with a sign that said when it would be for sale and at what price. I am guessing that it will be similar and if you get there at...say 7 you could likely preview all of the assortments your store will be carrying. An associate (assisted by the first person in line, who wants to help maintain order, will then unwrap the plastic, and the fun begins. At this store is was not a rush. Everyone waited in line an took items one at a time.
By the way the line at the pallet for the tv was longer than what tv's they had so I came home tired and empty-handed. I don't think that will be the case with the 8 packs though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:37 PM »
I went to THREE Walmarts tonight and none of them had any 8-packs. What the hell?

Only thing I could think was maybe they were on display someplace other than the toy aisle, but I wasn't in the mood to scour the whole store, it was a zoo tonight.

Curious to hear if anyone else is actually able to find these...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 12:00 AM »
I found them at my store Wednesday and I grabbed a Marvel set, but they had Legends and CW sets there too

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 12:11 AM »
I went to THREE Walmarts tonight and none of them had any 8-packs. What the hell?

Only thing I could think was maybe they were on display someplace other than the toy aisle, but I wasn't in the mood to scour the whole store, it was a zoo tonight.

Curious to hear if anyone else is actually able to find these...

That SUCKS.  Sorry man.  Glad I didn't go out.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 03:56 AM »
I went out around 12:30 AM, and saw 1 set of 2012 Clone Wars figures at one Wal-Mart and 1 set of 2010 Clone Wars at another store. No Legends, Movie Heroes, or Marvel sets to be found. I'm guessing the sets were VERY popular, but I'm glad I didn't try to wait on lines or fight any crowds to get some.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Thanks guys, glad to hear someone found these at least. I just got back from another Walmart this morning and once again there was NO sign of any of these things. And I mean not even a shelf tag, empty shelf space, empty pallet or anything. I just can't believe these things would have all disappeared THAT quickly. I even stopped by the Customer Service desk and asked and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Were they located on an endcap, standalone island, with the regular SW toys, or what?

I plan to hit a few more places today, so fingers crossed I get lucky. I just want to find an assortment with the single carded Mandalorian Warrior, if one in fact exists. (Still hard to verify exactly what assortments are out there)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 11:11 AM »
The sets I saw were just randomly placed... one was in a shopping cart and one was lying on a shelf in the appliance section. I imagine the sets started out as part of an island display as that looked to be how most of the BF merch was set up.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 12:07 PM »
I went to two WMs here in MN.  At one the toys were staged in infant clothing.  Just one tray of Avengers and one of CW.  at the other I found them atop some island pallets randomly located near toys.  No sign of the avengers one

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Went to two Wal-Marts

"Ghetto" Wal-Mart (not that bad, just small) had GOBS of them, Avengers, Clone Wars 2011 and 2012, Movie Heroes and Saga Legends.

The super Center had 6 Clone Wars (2011 and 2012) and 4 Avengers ones left.

Hard to find Clone Wars figures were gone or not to be found (the 2012 releases  I saw were all the same 8 figures), except in the 2 packs I found.

Here's the two I got:
Aquad Droid
Commander Wolfe
Seripas
Sasee Tinn
Obi-Wan Kenobi (2011)
Shirtless Savage Opress
Stealth ops Clone
Trooper Hevy in training gear

and
Shaak Ti
Trooper Hevy In training gear (again)
Clone Trooper Draa
Quinlan Vos
Boba Fett
R4-P17
Undead Geonosian
Cato Parasitti

That was it, there was more diversity in the 2011 packaged stuff, though the two packs I found were heavier on scarce releases. No single carded Mandos or season 3 Ahsoka.

Saga Legends assortments were similar but not set in stone, best I could find was one with 4 army builders, Chewbacca....sucky Vader and Grievous and some  other character. It amounted to paying $5 each, because the Vader and Grievous suck so much...so I passed. Saw no later 2011 releases...space trooper, ds trooper, stormtrooper...

Avengers stuff seemed totally random...given 3 different lines to pick from, not surprising. Some sets were tempting, but I don't collect Marvel. Figures I never saw before Armored whiplash, Red skull, Crossbones, Destroyer, comics Iron Monger

Now to decide what to keep.  :P

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 06:17 PM »
Awesome sauce, I finally found these at today 2 different Walmarts. The first one had 3 different sets, all SOTDS, scattered amongst a couple of different shopping carts at the end of the toy aisles. None of them were particularly exciting though, about the most interesting figure was a Kit Fisto. I debated for a few minutes and finally decided to pass.

I did find some much better assortments at the next Walmart though, and they were actually in the original display stand, so there was a good selection. I ended up grabbing three different ones, interesting that the packaging style differs for the SOTDS figures versus the Darth Maul packaged ones.

Got:
the first wave Maul figures (Shirtless Savage, Bane, Yoda, etc...mainly as I wanted a Chewbacca to open)
the second and third waves of CW figures (Scuba Ahsoka, Wolffe, etc, best assortment of the bunch IMO)
the SOTDS set with Baby Boba, Quinlan Vos, Cato, etc...

These are great values, esp the Wolffe/Scuba Ahsoka set, but one downside is they seem to have glued the outer packaging to the actual cards in several places, so if you were hoping to keep them minty you can't really extricate them. Also makes it harder if you were planning to trade or resell any of the individual figures down the line.

Still, super happy to have tracked these down and was overall very happy with my purchases  today.