Author Topic: Iron Man 3 Toys  (Read 18282 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Iron Man 3 Toys
« on: December 22, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Look at this trash in the 3 3/4 line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U49-MARVEL-UNIVERSE-IRON-MAN-3-MOVIE-PATRIOT-ARMOR-3-75-ACTION-FIGURE-/230900585307?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35c2bf535b

Well in the same year i am done with Star Wars and Marvel...not to mention DC.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 3 Toys
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:16 PM »
I saw those today as well.  From what I've read about them, it is some sort of interchangeable line where you can mix and match parts or something like that.  From those pics, it appears they are quite underarticulated and don't look all that great.  Like you said, trash.  Oh well, it makes it easier to save money though, and I hope that they come out with at least a few in "Legends" form like the Avengers and Spidey lines at WM this year.  I know there is supposed to be an Iron Man Legends type line of 6" figures, but I'm not sure of the details (comic or movie based - or both, store exclusive or retail wide?).  These figures though...eek.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 08:38 PM »
Looks like this line may be loaded with potential disappointments.  :(

Not a good way to go, since IM3 will be the first Marvel movie following on the box office success of Avengers
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 08:40 PM »
I saw those today as well.  From what I've read about them, it is some sort of interchangeable line where you can mix and match parts or something like that.  From those pics, it appears they are quite underarticulated and don't look all that great.  Like you said, trash.  Oh well, it makes it easier to save money though, and I hope that they come out with at least a few in "Legends" form like the Avengers and Spidey lines at WM this year.  I know there is supposed to be an Iron Man Legends type line of 6" figures, but I'm not sure of the details (comic or movie based - or both, store exclusive or retail wide?).  These figures though...eek.

I just remember hearing classic comic Iron Monger BAF.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 09:19 PM »
That... that HAS to be some sort of Happy Meal toy right? Or something in the Deluxe line that comes with a glider? *crosses fingers*
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 10:31 PM »
Yeah, pretty awful.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 10:52 AM »
this keeps up and NECA will be getting more and more of my $$$

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:24 PM »
I saw an electronic Iron Man Mk 42 from the Iron Man 3 line at a TRU store a few days back.  The new armor look is cool, but this figure was about 18 - 20" tall, and not representative of what we're likely to see from the 3.75" figure system.

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 09:25 PM »
I saw a similar Iron Patriot at Target, which spokes phrases...including "I'm here to back you up, Iron Man"

Wait, I thought he was the villain!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Based on this AFI gallery from Toy Fair, the 6" Iron Man 3 line is looking a good deal better than the 3.75" figure line.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 04:48 PM »
I saw most of this stuff at Target the other day. All terrible. They did have one of the 6 inch figs though, and agreed, it's the only thing worth buying from the line.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 11:47 PM »
I like about half of the 6" figures, but may be swayed to get them all in order to get that Iron Monger.  Surprised he isn't a tad larger though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 12:19 PM »
Saw these all today for the first time at Walmart. Ugh. Boggles my mind they can crank this stuff out but can't spare any resources for the Clone Wars.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 07:10 PM »
I saw the ASSemblers today at TRU - I have ZERO interest in getting these. If they had made figures that were of the same quality as the Iron Man 2 line, I'd gladly grab Iron Patriot and a new Iron Man. The best part about those Iron Man 2 figures was the level of articulation they crammed into them. These look like Happy Meal toys to me.

I have been getting select figures from the Marvel movies as they come out from Hasbro, kinda glad that it looks like I won't be continuing that trend.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 07:01 PM »
I saw the Assemblers line at Walmart last night. Not impressed.  I can see what they're going for, but for the price I dont' think it's worth it.  I don't want to spend $10 on more than one figure so I can mix and match pieces...will parents want to splash out that much cash also?

I bought a couple IM2 figures but I don't see buying anything from this line.  I'm just waiting for my Hot Toys 1:6 Mark VII to come in...that may be the last IM figure I have to buy.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"