Author Topic: Iron Man 3 Toys  (Read 18281 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 3 Toys
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 08:32 PM »
I saw a similar Iron Patriot at Target, which spokes phrases...including "I'm here to back you up, Iron Man"

Wait, I thought he was the villain!

He is.  Was.  In Dark Avengers Earth-616.  But in movieverse and Ultimate Universe right now he is good.  Iron Patriot is Norman, Rhodes, Stark respectively. 

As far as I'm concerned Earth-616 Iron Patriot is the one to measure all others against.  He was the best.  Psychopath that he was.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 09:18 PM »
I actually wish they had done something akin to the Assemblers idea for the Clone Wars line somewhere along the way. So instead of 18 crappy figures last year we could have made 36 or something. Clone and droids seem like good candidates for part swapping.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 02:57 PM »
Saw the full lineup at Target over lunch.  The Iron Man 6" figures all looked great, but the case only contains the first 3 figures, so you can't build Iron Monger until series 2 ships out.  Lame.  The figs look great, but the paint jobs were a little sloppy.

I think the Assemblers look cool.  I'll grab Rhodey at least once these go on sale.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 04:45 PM »
I bought the 3 IM3 Legends figures at Target today.  Checked TRU, 2 Walmarts and 2 Targets and only 1 store had IM3 out after the street date.

The Legends figures are good.  The Iron Monger parts are nice.  All of the 3.75" figures SUCK epic proportions.  Really horrible.  I won't be buying any of those.  One line is the Assemblers, the articulation sucks.  And you're able to swap body parts across figures which makes no sense and is stupid.  And the other 3.75" figures are the $5.88 price point which are 1980's Kenner articulation with really nothing cool anyhow.  It's just junk.  Real hardcore junk.

At least the Legends are pretty good.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Saw the 6" Iron Patriot today.  It looked alright.  But this back and forth with Hasbro and Iron Man on which scale they actually give a crap about is troubling.  The first Iron Man movie line was about 6" figures.  And then the Iron Man 2 line focused largely on 3.75" figures but added on some 6" figures as exclusives.  Now with Iron Man 3, it seems that the better offerings are in the 6" scale.  From a collector standpoint, this is really becoming annoying.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 03:06 AM »
Found the first series of 6" Legends figs today at Walmart and thought they mostly looked pretty good.  I can't believe that they split Iron Monger into 6 pieces and 2 waves, one of which is listed for Fall on the packaging.  Great way to guarantee you'll be able to build your Monger figure you just invested $45 in...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 04:50 PM »
So far I've only found Iron Patriot and Heroic age IM after 2 TRU, 2 Targets and 1 WM. I'm hoping since I work for Target I won't have too much trouble finding the final piece.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 05:47 PM »
I picked mine up at TRU for buy one get one 40% off. I couldnt resist.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 07:04 PM »
Finally saw some of the Iron Man 3 Assemblers at retail.  Meh.  They're pretty underwhelming.  But they're also the result of a directive from Hasbro corporate to cut costs and offer figures that will give Hasbro and retailers the biggest bang for the buck.

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 5, 2013, 09:03 PM »
Man, after seeing that most recent IM3 trailer, I really wish we were getting a more proper line of figures for this year.  So many armor possiblities, they wouldn't even have to make things up like they have with past lines.  On a side note, I still haven't seen the Assemblers at retail around here.  All the stores have reset with IM3 stuff, but those just haven't been stocked yet for some reason.  I sort of doubt I'd buy any (maybe just the primary Mark 42 armor or something), but I haven't seen them.  I am glad that they've brought out a Legends line specifically for Iron Man (and later, Wolverine) and sort of hope we continue to see that with other movie lines (especially with a mix of comic/movie characters).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 6, 2013, 04:54 PM »
I just wish they released all of the Legends figures at once.  I don't understand using the BAF concept, then only offering half the figures needed to build Iron Monger.  I guess I'll just have half a Monger sitting around for months on end?   >:(
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 09:19 PM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 6, 2013, 09:03 PM »
Man, after seeing that most recent IM3 trailer, I really wish we were getting a more proper line of figures for this year.  So many armor possiblities, they wouldn't even have to make things up like they have with past lines.  On a side note, I still haven't seen the Assemblers at retail around here.  All the stores have reset with IM3 stuff, but those just haven't been stocked yet for some reason.  I sort of doubt I'd buy any (maybe just the primary Mark 42 armor or something), but I haven't seen them.  I am glad that they've brought out a Legends line specifically for Iron Man (and later, Wolverine) and sort of hope we continue to see that with other movie lines (especially with a mix of comic/movie characters).

Just looking at some of the various armors in the final sequence of this new trailer, I get the sense that some of the concept armor designs that yielded figures for the Iron Man 2 line might be represented.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 9, 2013, 10:33 PM »
There's an Iron Man Hall of Armor display now at the Toys R Us Times Square location.  Looks like a pretty cool way to show off all of the armor!

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 9, 2013, 10:56 PM »
There's an Iron Man Hall of Armor display now at the Toys R Us Times Square location.  Looks like a pretty cool way to show off all of the armor!

Wow!  Thats awesome.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 11:01 AM »
I have to agree, as stoked as I am for the new IM3 movie, I'm totally disappointed that the toy  line has been reduced to 5 points of articulation and very crappy looking on top of that. I can understand cutting costs - so how about NOT producing 500 million of the same figure that will sit on store pegs until the NEXT movie comes out 2/3 years later? They've done the same with last years' Dark Knight Rises figures - limited articulation and five flavors of batman outfits using the same mold, But at least they have cloth capes. Then only a very badly done Bane figure, no Gordon, no JGL figure or Selina/Catwoman or Alfred. oh well...
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"