Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Here's Who Hasbro Missed!

<< < (3/5) > >>

MasterFisto:
I would be content retiring my TCW collection, assuming Hasbro makes one more figure for collectors: Pong Krell.  Until then, I will consider my collection forever incomplete.

Nicklab:
Krell really is one of those standout characters that Hasbro should have tackled LAST year.  He was the central character of a 4 episode story arc, and a Jedi to boot.  The question for Hasbro really seems to be how much lead time do THEY have to work in conjunction with the CW producers to get a figure designed and produced before their episodes actually air?

McMetal:
I have to think that given their previous tease about what a "tremendous" Krell they would be unveiling, the figure has to be pretty far along in the pre-production process. So yeah, I would expect to see him at some point, they're probably just trying to figure out how exactly to release him. I would guess it doesn't really work as a single carded figure given the sheer mass, and who knows if they are even making battlepacks anymore. I would say the best bet would be some sort of retail/con exclusive or possibly a deluxe Class I set.

I totally agree he should be part of the line before it folds, and I think the necessary "heat" is still there. The two that really make me feel as though my collection is incomplete are Duchess Satine and Sugi. I think they both still have an outside shot at being made, as they continue to appear sporadically, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

MasterFisto:

--- Quote from: McMetal on January 12, 2013, 11:36 PM ---I would say the best bet would be some sort of retail/con exclusive or possibly a deluxe Class I set.
--- End quote ---

They just missed a great chance at releasing him with the 501st AT-RT Class 1 Vehicle.  Instead, they went with repaints.   :'(

--- Quote from: McMetal on January 12, 2013, 11:36 PM ---The two that really make me feel as though my collection is incomplete are Duchess Satine and Sugi. I think they both still have an outside shot at being made, as they continue to appear sporadically, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

--- End quote ---

With all due respect, giving them an outside chance is being exceedingly optimistic.  Back when Hasbro was still participating in the Q&As, they said repeatedly that young boys (who they identify as their primary market) do not respond well to female figures.  Only Ahsoka appeared to be the exception.  They said it enough times that I wrote off any chance of seeing Sugi and Satine made (much to my chagrin).  And now I turn my gaze to wave one of 2013, consisting of repaints and resculpts of main characters.  I can only hope that something interesting comes with subsequent waves, assuming there will be any (sorry for all the gloom and doom - this is just the view from my stump).  With Hasbro ramping everything down to allocate their resources toward the next trilogy, I really doubt we'll see much of anything coming in The Clone Wars line.     

Jayson:
With the series moving to the Disney Channel and Hasbro having to focus a ton of time and resources to developing EVII merch., I'm of the mind that Hasbro should license the 3-3/4" Clone Wars line to Disney for them to produce solely. Hasbro and Disney already have a relationship with the Star Tours and build-a-droid parts so why not?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version