Community > JD Sports Forum!

NHL 2013

<< < (9/37) > >>

Nicklab:
Read a little bit about the possible realignment that might be in the works for the NHL.  There's a proposal on the table for the league to be split into 4 divisions, similar to the NFL.  And it may just benefit Winnipeg, too, since they have a pretty grueling travel schedule with the current conference/division structure.

There's also a good deal of talk about what's going to happen with the Coyotes.  The cities that seem to be in contention for the relocation of the failing Phoenix team are Quebec City, Seattle, or possibly Toronto.  The Toronto market seems to be the one city in Canada that could truly support a second team.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Jeff on February 14, 2013, 10:15 AM ---Ouch.  What a horrible thing to happen to a great young defenseman.  :(

If I'm a Sens fan, I'm really bumming today.  Hopefully Karlsson will be able to make a full recovery.  I'd hate to see a top young D-man taken out by a cheap injury like that.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like it was a 70% cut to his achilles.  Out 3-4 months at least.  Season over for him...  and potentially the Sens with Spezza expected to be out at least another month or two too.  :(

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Jeff on February 14, 2013, 10:15 AM ---Ouch.  What a horrible thing to happen to a great young defenseman.  :(

If I'm a Sens fan, I'm really bumming today.  Hopefully Karlsson will be able to make a full recovery.  I'd hate to see a top young D-man taken out by a cheap injury like that.
--- End quote ---

Absolutely...  A terrible injury and it didn't even look like anything at first but on the replays, ouch.  :-\  Don't like seeing anyone hurt...  I figured when Giroux got hurt overseas this year what a ****** thing that was, and how I wished no NHL'ers were playing overseas.

Congrats to Winnipeg on Tangredi by the way.  I liked him...  Don't think he was used right here.

Jeff:
Also from the files of horrible injuries, it sounds like Manny Malhotra may be done now too.  Lingering after-affects of his brutal eye injury two years ago. 

Sounds like his vision has just gotten worse this year instead of better so the Canucks are putting him on IR for the rest of the season.

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on February 14, 2013, 11:54 AM ---And it may just benefit Winnipeg, too, since they have a pretty grueling travel schedule with the current conference/division structure.

--- End quote ---

I think Minnesota's is far, far worse than ours.  That said, I'm big on that proposed alignment and not the one that appeared in an Ottawa paper with us, MN, EDM, CAL, VAN.  Blech to that. 

Not sure what we're getting with Tangredi and I'm not at all sure how to respond to us moving Ponikarovski out already either.  Net result is we moved Poni and got Tangredi + 4th round pick, so ok there though the early moves are either encouraging or discouraging, I'm not sure which.   ???

Bummer for Karlsson given how bright his light was shining.  Same thing happened to Selanne in his second season in Winnipeg so you can come back for it, but this and Spezza hurts Ottawa a lot. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version