Author Topic: 6 Inch Figures?  (Read 47043 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 6 Inch Figures?
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2013, 10:14 PM »
Yeah NECA is small too...  At least comparatively...  Price is just one of several factors for me on these.  I like how they look though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2013, 01:24 PM »
Are there comparison photos around here anywhere showing the 6" figure next to the regular (best version of) 3.75" version of the same figure?  I'm completely on the fence here and am having a hard time judging the scale and quality of these in terms I know.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2013, 09:12 PM »
I'm starting to get pretty excited for this line overall.  I'm still going to be a 3 3/4" collector first and foremost, but I kind of like the idea of this line as well.  I'm not sure if I'll be picking up the prequel ones or not, but I think I'm in on the OT stuff.  A nice way to reinvigorate a sort of stagnant Star Wars brand I think.  I wonder how the line will do overall, opinions seem to be fairly mixed on our forums here, but we'll see.  My only concern is that Hasbro maybe wants this to supplant 3 3/4" collector stuff, and move to just the simpler 5 POA figures for the smaller scale.  Hopefully not.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2013, 09:47 PM »
We'll see after the initial couple waves I think...  The holidays will be very telling on this stuff.  I think it's almost too collector-focused in price, and so I'm not sure how they'll do once they hit.  Hasbro's always said collectors alone can't keep a line afloat.  At $20 a pop, I don't see a lot of kids getting these, so I think they're going to not do THAT well if $10 figures can't even fly off shelves that great without sales.

I think the Legends stuff, if anything, is going to give the line overall a shot in the arm.  Easy to make, not expensive, appealing to kids and seemingly some adults too...  It may be the hit they need.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24 PM »
Are there comparison photos around here anywhere showing the 6" figure next to the regular (best version of) 3.75" version of the same figure?  I'm completely on the fence here and am having a hard time judging the scale and quality of these in terms I know.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:24 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2013, 02:02 AM »
I'm still on the fence too... I might pick up a few OT characters, like the main gang, Vader and Fett, and that's it. I have a feeling before long retailers will drop the price to $15 a pop. I can't imagine these staying at $20 when you have $15 Marvel Legends and $15 Mattel/DC's Failure-Of-The-Month Line right next to these.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2013, 09:12 AM »
I'm still on the fence too... I might pick up a few OT characters, like the main gang, Vader and Fett, and that's it. I have a feeling before long retailers will drop the price to $15 a pop. I can't imagine these staying at $20 when you have $15 Marvel Legends and $15 Mattel/DC's Failure-Of-The-Month Line right next to these.

Agreed. I am probably out anyway, but it's a lot more tempting at $15 than $20.

Space is really the constraint for me though. If I knew how many of these would ultimately be produced, it might be easier to forecast the necessary square footage. There's the rub though. You just never know.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2013, 10:43 AM »

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2013, 11:55 AM »
I don't think I'll be getting into this line outside of trying to track a Fett down.  As for the price, I think Hasbro's already trying to cheap out on it, given the drastic paint shortcuts on the production version of Artoo, and them saying that the wave 3 Obi-Wan "may or may not" come with a robe depending on how they can "cost it out."  20 bucks for a 6 inch action figure and they can't afford a piece of cloth?  Sure, Hasbro...just as believable as all of your other price excuses...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: February 4, 2015, 05:19 PM »
Saw something interesting on Twitter, thanks to our friend efranks at www.ImperialHolocron.com...

4 Horsemen Making 6" Figures Because It's More Cost Effective Than 4"

IE: A 4" figure winds up being "overpriced" while a 6" figure can be done for the right price.

An interesting perspective, and it makes you wonder if maybe this isn't exactly what Hasbro's facing, and now they're at a crossroads where collector-oriented 4" figures are cost-prohibitive, while 5 POA can still keep 4" alive and 6" can be done for "the right price".  Relatively speaking I think some of their 6" are more right than others...  Han for instance I believe is a great 6" figure, while others seem just like less figure for the $ I guess.

Anyway, either way, I found that very interesting...  By comparison it's an apples/oranges thing in terms of the companies.  One's a giant, the other not.  I think the issues both face would be similar though, just on different scales (no pun).
« Last Edit: February 4, 2015, 05:19 PM by Jesse James »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 6, 2015, 11:05 AM »
Interesting write up - thanks for sharing.  I can see where a lot of the set up costs would be similar between the two sizes, so if materials are relatively cheap, this would make sense.  However, Shipping and pack sizes would still seem to account for higher costs and I'm not sure the demand for 6" is as strong as 4".  Maybe I'm getting too old, but I have a hard time trusting what companies say about their supposed costs  these days.  Maybe they looked at it and thought, "we can make $10 a figure on 6" vs. $5 on 4", let's increase the size!"  That doesn't make for as good of a headline though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 2, 2017, 10:01 AM »
Not sure where to put this, but has anyone found a place that sells stands for the 6" figures?  Thanks!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #147 on: April 2, 2017, 10:30 AM »
Not sure where to put this, but has anyone found a place that sells stands for the 6" figures?  Thanks!

Various stands for vintage figures, such as Protech, work well for the 6" line. The peg holes for 6" are the same as Vintage Kenner.  I also see on ebay every now and then someone selling doll stands sized for 6"
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 3, 2017, 03:38 PM »
These stands on Ebay have been working really well for me, for a variety of 6" scale figures.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #149 on: April 3, 2017, 08:01 PM »
These stands on Ebay have been working really well for me, for a variety of 6" scale figures.

Cool! Those are the stands i was referring to. Do you have any pics you can share to show they look on the Black Series figures?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot