Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Six?  (Read 47344 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Six?
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2014, 09:37 PM »
Very nice.  The Sifo Dyas story alone will make this interesting to check out.  And Yoda going to Dagobah?  I honestly did not see that coming.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2014, 02:54 AM »
I think it'll be very appropriate if the last episodes in the line-up are part of the Sifo-Dyas arc - ending the show with how the whole conflict started.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 5, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Anyone know if the other seasons of CW are on Netflix or will the be when season 6 is released? Also are trilogies on Netflix? Thanks guys.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: March 5, 2014, 09:51 PM »
I don't believe the other seasons are on but they seem to be working on announcing that soon.  I was polled about it.  And other Star Wars stuff coming to Netflix as well but all 6 seasons of TCW being available was at the forefront of the poll.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 5, 2014, 10:47 PM »
The initial press release said the entire series was being dumped on March 7th. I specifically remember reading that director's cuts of episodes from the previously-aired seasons were going to be there.

No movies except the clone wars movie itself yet though. Who knows how long those will take.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 6, 2014, 12:04 PM »
thanks guys, i think i'll be going with Netflix on the ole ipod and just have to watch when i have time at home, and probably later invest on a Ruku or whatever. But i was just wondering if i should save money and not buy the trilogies and the CW series and better to spend on Netflix. thanks again for help
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: March 7, 2014, 09:00 AM »
ANyone do an all nighter?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: March 7, 2014, 09:31 AM »
I didn't... but I did read the episode synopses this morning before work - is everyone looking forward to the Jar Jar / Mace Windu story arc?  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 7, 2014, 02:50 PM »
I was setting aside Sat night for a few episodes assuming I can figure out how the heck to get this on my TV in HD with no playstation.  ???
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 8, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Guess it's time to finally get Netflix...  But anyhow, am over at my brother's house in SoCal for the weekend, who has Netflix and have seen at least the first story arc which gives some chilling insight into how Order 66 will work in ROTS and how all those "nice" clones become Jedi killers and who knows what. Don't want to spoil too much, but if you like Clone Trooper Fives, the story arc may find some scenes difficult...  One of the better CW episode arcs in my opinion.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #85 on: March 9, 2014, 08:34 AM »
I didn't... but I did read the episode synopses this morning before work - is everyone looking forward to the Jar Jar / Mace Windu story arc?  :-X

Mercifully, it's only 2 episodes but we do get to see more of Mother Talzin which makes any episode better in my opinion.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 9, 2014, 10:40 AM »
Mercifully, it's only 2 episodes but we do get to see more of Mother Talzin which makes any episode better in my opinion.

Out of all 13 episodes, I found those two the weakest - but comparing all 13 episodes to past seasons, I have to say these are the strongest collection of episodes we have ever gotten. Like Jayson says, the presence of Mother Talzin in that pair of Mace/Jar-jar episodes, made it interesting and engaging to watch.

It was bittersweet to get to watch these episodes. I wish they had been given the go-ahead to produce the Darth Maul episodes that were already scripted. I remember hearing there is a comic book or something coming that uses the scripts for those episodes, but it's just not the same IMHO.

One thing that I will call attention to, and I won't be specific in my details, is be sure to check the credits from the final episode. You may see a very interesting name lending his voice talents to the episode.  ;)

« Last Edit: March 9, 2014, 10:40 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 9, 2014, 11:10 AM »
One thing that I will call attention to, and I won't be specific in my details, is be sure to check the credits from the final episode. You may see a very interesting name lending his voice talents to the episode.  ;)

Now that you mention it, and here I'm just speculating, why didn't they ever get Mark Hamill aka Joker to do a voice on Clone Wars?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #88 on: March 9, 2014, 11:18 AM »
I actually kind of enjoyed the two Jar Jar episodes, once they got into all of the Indiana Jones riffs. The Temple of Doom stuff was a lot of fun, and the market chase ala Raiders was too. What really stood out in these episodes, and all 13, was the truly outstanding art direction and cinematography. Watching them all more or less together really reinforced that. I don't think it's a stretch to say what we saw here was beyond anything before in the CW, and to a large extent, any of the movies. The zero G scenes in the Order 66 arc (amazing) and the Miyazaki weird wonder of the Yoda arc really pushed this beyond certainly a Saturday morning cartoon show.

The subject matter did as well. This was by far the heaviest and darkest territory the show entered. I enjoyed the Order 66, Sifo-Dyas and Yoda quest in general, but a lot of served to make the Jedi stupid. Before they were blind perhaps, or naive, but once it became clear that Dooku had manipulated them into taking on an army he had created, which the Jedi are now using to fight him, and choose to sit on it, that's too much. Frankly any one with any self respect in that temple would be screaming up and down that 1) we're fighting a war against one of our own with troops he created who also by the way 2) have exhibited enough behavior to question their true loyalty. Yoda is right, there is a political price in doing anything to make the truth of the clones public. It is a far less price to pay than the one they ultimately do. A more interesting story would have been Yoda exploring the idea of disbanding the clone army, and the push back from Palpatine, the Kaminoans, and the clones themselves. The subject of the clones as individuals, as property, has been a fascinating one on the show and worth more investigation. The fact that the Jedi never challenge the use of slaves speaks volumes about their point of view, and that's something the show could have gone further in.

SPOILER

And hell yeah, Mark Hamill!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 9, 2014, 11:18 AM by Darby »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2014, 10:45 AM »
I only have 2 episodes of season six on my Netflix for some reason.  Oh well - was nice to go back and watch some of the episodes I missed from the previous seasons all in HD goodness.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN