Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Six?  (Read 47353 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
The Clone Wars - Season Six?
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:23 PM »
I'll just go ahead and lob this one out there...

Cartoon Network hypes their 2013-2014 schedule/plans...  and there's no Clone Wars mentioned.   :-X

So... which is it:
- they didn't mention Clone Wars because they are still negotiating season six with the new Disney-owned LFL.
- they didn't mention Clone Wars season six because there is no season six.
- they didn't mention Clone Wars because it's moving to DisneyXD.
- they just forgot to mention it because it's been so lackluster the past two years they forgot they even air it.

Place your bets and speculate away!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:24 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Six?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:38 PM »
Moving to Disney...  I think there's another season in the tank but I think the door's closing.  They really tanked it this year, and I can only fathom viewership is at an all-time low.  People will cite the move to Saturday Morning and maybe that didn't help, but neither did the content.

All year the kids and my gf have made fun of this series.  Even last weekend's episode, and it was good, was picked apart by them for its flaws, and it did have flaws.  It was good for this season, but not a top 5 episode to me.  Just good for the season it's crammed into.

I say it moves to Disney, Disney tries to either revive or give it one more year, and move along... move along.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Since Season 5 is being cut short, there's 3 episodes in the can (Clovis/Padme arc) that have to go somewhere.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I agree, it's over to Disney to close out the series.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 09:02 PM »
And that's a best case scenario.  I don't know how Disney works its TV stuff but I imagine if the ratings aren't there, they'll can it before it's even done.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 09:50 AM »
Maybe they can retcon most of season 5?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Hmmm, I choose Option E:

They didn't have it on their 2013 schedule because Season Six is actually running from July 2012-December 2012, as per the recent news out of UK Toy Fair. (I assume on Cartoon Network as we have heard nothing to indicate otherwise) This will include the lost Clovis arc and the rest of the episodes setting up the events of ROTS...

After that, all bets are off.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 10:21 PM »
Hmmm, I choose Option E:

They didn't have it on their 2013 schedule because Season Six is actually running from July 2012-December 2012, as per the recent news out of UK Toy Fair. (I assume on Cartoon Network as we have heard nothing to indicate otherwise)

My calendar says it's 2013 already. Though, yeah, I was wondering about that, too.

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #8 on: February 2, 2013, 12:17 PM »
Filoni has mentioned in different interviews that they have been producing season six for some time now. Whether it airs is another story but they are being made at the very least.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 2, 2013, 09:35 PM »
It's moving to Disney XD. Well, we don't know exactly for sure yet. But Disney announced from the start of the buy-out that they had intentions to move it over to Disney XD. And Season 6 is very, very far into production already - I can't imagine why they would throw away all the work they've already done.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2013, 09:17 AM »
I have read a lot of speculation that the show was moving to a Disney owned property, but I have yet to see any primary sources that quote anyone from Disney stating that.

That being said I think there is the potential for Disney to re-work how these are released. They may go with a 4-month direct to DVD release of each Arc (mini-movie) and charge 18-20 dollars for each 4 episodes and then lock them in the vault (120 dollars per current season without the production rush). (makes the speculation that an arc made for this season is missing now seem to make more sense) They could then use the old episodes at will on their networks and promote the new releases there.

Using this model they could essentially use the items they have in the can to last until the new movies start coming out.

I am happy for any plan that keeps these coming to us, I just fear Disney's greedy fingers working their way into my wallet.

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #11 on: February 4, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Dish Network doesn't offer DisneyXD in HD  >:(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 08:57 PM »
http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=10825

************.  >:(

I probably shouldn't be surprised at this point, but the 1-2 punch in the past few weeks since Toyfair with the toy line and show is pretty crushing.

They absolutely deserved a final season to tie up all the loose ends and set things in motion for ROTS. What about all the preproduction work they've already done for Season Six? How far did they even get, will we ever know?

And what about those damn "lost" Clovis episodes? If those aren't on the upcoming Blu-Ray/DVD set that would suck big time.

I'm pretty much to the point that I wish LFL had never been sold, no new movies were ever announced, etc. Because I absolutely think that played a huge part in the untimely demise of the show. Frigging suits. They could have at least held off for another year. 

This was my favorite thing about SW since Jedi. Damn it.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 09:35 PM »
My guess is that they will finish what has been started and release a BluRay/DVD set of the "Lost Episodes" and call it a day.

Maybe they'll also make a series finale movie that'll be direct-to-video as well.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 09:40 PM »
Maybe it can move to Netflix.  Especially with the Disney deal recently