Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Six?  (Read 47361 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Six?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 10:07 PM »
awww cr@p
after watching the clip on IGN @ the 1:27 mark when you look behind, i think his name is Doppler the clone with the teardrop markings/tat, right when he's about to aim his blaster at the jedi. there is what i assume is a commander he has 2 pistols ala Rex BUT has a Cody helmet and since all the other troops in that battle are 501st can we assume that it might be Rex and that he has upgraded his helmet.  Also Anakin is there in that battle.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/11/news-star-wars-the-clone-wars-is-cancelled

The clone with the teardrops is Tup and the Clone Commander you are referring is in green armor and is the same trooper seen at the 3:00 mark in the original complete video (starting at 2:16) on StarWars.com.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:11 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 12:40 AM »
With a daughter who went through a fairy phase, I can say that Disney did a decent job with the direct to video Tinkerbell movies.  If it is not an online deal with Netflix, I think they can pull it off.  I have t least five big storylines I'd like to see wrapped up a bit more

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 12:05 PM »
awww cr@p....again
Thanx Jay I hadn't seen the SW.com clip yet SW doesn't connect at work, old browser.  and here i was all excited that i saw something new oh well, still a great clip.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Another lost clip and bonus interview with Filoni via USA Today in honor of the upcoming May 4th Star Wars day.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 07:11 PM »
Cool ass clip too...  McQuarrie Concept Snowtroopers, Turbo Tanks...  Cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Okay, okay...while they look neat, note every concept art peice has to become part of the real Star Wars universe. If the show had continued, they'd run into concept art Chewbacca.

Did I see AT-AP's?

I hope this Sifo Dyas mystery arc takes another huge dump on some pseudo-established canon.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Actually almost every concept art piece already HAS been established in SW EU somewhere...  :P  Clone Wars is just getting to it now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 1, 2013, 03:28 PM »
LOL, that was snow?! I though they were concept sand troopers and they were on a desert planet. I hate watching clips on a $%^&* computer!

The arc looks like it could be amazing. As many times I have sat through the PT and really tried to grasp the overall plot, it always seems to unravel for me with Syfo Dyas. (Cypher Diaz would have been cooler, BTW) Are we supposed to know who this was? Was it an actual Jedi or just an alias like Lord Tyrannis? Or was it just somebody pretending to be a real Jedi who was named Syfo Dyas? If so, who was it? Dooku? Sidious?

It seems like a pretty major plot point to hinge on some nameless schmoe, so I'm really looking forward to a full explanation of what the heck is going on there.

Still hard to watch and not feel bitter over them not getting a proper Season Six. Not to mention all the amazing toys we'll never see now in their proper animated style.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: May 1, 2013, 03:30 PM »
I don't think that's snow in the episode...  Forget the description but I'm pretty sure they said Sandstorm.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2013, 10:23 PM »
Lost "Yoda arc" teaser shown at Star Wars Weekends.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013, 10:43 PM »
LOL. Yoda has a mini fighter but it's not like the class 1 style Hasbro made.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 11:53 PM »
This is why The Clone Wars was cancelled. Someone at Disney, who is in charge, clearly sees clips like this for what it is...

CRAP.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 12:01 AM »
I dunno...looks pretty cool to me. Maybe he needs to go scout properties on Dagobah.  ;)

Still looking forward to seeing these arcs. Except the Clovis one.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 11:37 PM »
I dunno...looks pretty cool to me. Maybe he needs to go scout properties on Dagobah.  ;)

Still looking forward to seeing these arcs. Except the Clovis one.

My problem is that it makes the Jedi and ESPECIALLY Yoda look incompetent. So it's before the events of EP3 and Yoda already feels like there is a "prison-like" aspect to being in the Jedi Temple? And yet they're surprised when the Clones turn on them? Really?

::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 7, 2014, 09:45 PM »
So..."Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir" adapted screenplays from aborted Clone Wars Season Six, now reportedly coming out in comic form via Dark Horse.

I'm not a fan of Dark Horse in general as a comics publisher, but this is one I would definitely pick up. I just don't want to see them contradict anything from the TV show that has been established to this point. Such as Darth Sidious having plans for Maul. Somehow I don't see those plans involving a prison planet, but meh, whatever.

Apparently there seems to be some disagreement whether these were actually intended as the series finale or just a multi-part arc somewhere in the final season.