Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

Rumor: No more 3D Prequel Releases?

<< < (6/8) > >>

Qui-Gon Jim:
AotC is my least favorite SW film.  That said, I would have liked to have seen this.  I wanted to put together a set of those LE 3D glasses.

Phrubruh:
The whole conversion of non 3D movies to 3D is pretty awful. It's like watching a movie through a view master. Can't this 3D fad just die?

Qui-Gon Jim:
I thought the 3D in TPM was pretty well done.  It is hit or miss though.  I saw Iron Man and Star Trek in 3D.  IM was not worth it, ST was pretty good.

ETA: 3D is hugely profitable for theaters and studios.  It isn't going anywhere.

Jayson:

--- Quote from: Qui-Gon Jim on May 30, 2013, 11:32 AM ---I thought the 3D in TPM was pretty well done.  It is hit or miss though.  I saw Iron Man and Star Trek in 3D.  IM was not worth it, ST was pretty good.

ETA: 3D is hugely profitable for theaters and studios.  It isn't going anywhere.

--- End quote ---

Not for Theaters so much... they make very little on the movies themselves. Theaters make money from concessions.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Jayson on May 30, 2013, 11:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Qui-Gon Jim on May 30, 2013, 11:32 AM ---I thought the 3D in TPM was pretty well done.  It is hit or miss though.  I saw Iron Man and Star Trek in 3D.  IM was not worth it, ST was pretty good.

--- End quote ---

Not for Theaters so much... they make very little on the movies themselves. Theaters make money from concessions.

--- End quote ---

Really?  Have you seen how much more a theater can charge for exhibiting a 3-D movie as compared to a 2-D movie?

AMC theaters shows their ticket pricing on their website.  And in my market, adult tickets for a 3-D version of a movie now go for $17.  That's opposed to the $13 adult admission  for a 2-D showing.  So where is the upcharge in costs for theaters that would erase this 30% (or so) increase in ticket prices?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version