Author Topic: 6" Black Series Wave 1 (2013 Wave 1)  (Read 40760 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series - 2013 Wave 1
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2013, 05:46 PM »
I keep going back and forth... I bought a Sandtrooper last night.  I mostly did it to see what the big deal was and get one out of the box and take a look.  I'm bummed to admit it, but I kind of like it.

So at the moment I'm leaning towards doing the OT-only thing and seeing how it goes.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2013, 08:56 PM »
If I could find a Sandtrooper or 4 I might stay interested.  If I can't army build (even small numbers) I have no reason to collect.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2013, 09:28 PM »
If I could find a Sandtrooper or 4 I might stay interested.  If I can't army build (even small numbers) I have no reason to collect.

You can find them on ebay for $24-25 shipped. That's the same price as paying gas and sales tax at brick and mortar.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2013, 10:19 PM »

I actually have a few (six) extras if you want them Paul, cost plus shipping. I was going to troop build, but realized it's a poor use of money and space when I have armies of the same guys in 4 inch scale. Just shoot me a PM if interested.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 4, 2013, 07:39 AM »
Well there goes the last of my excuses. 

PM sent.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 5, 2013, 12:10 AM »
Saw my first figures today, Luke and Maul. As previously mentioned, the detail is great, primarily in the weapons, but I just can't jump into this line. I might buy Vader, Fett and maybe the crew in their ESB attires but nothing for now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 7, 2013, 10:02 AM »
I got a big smile on my face this past Thursday when I walked into my local TRU to see the entire wave 1 and an extra Luke and R2 just sitting on the shelves. Let the peg/shelf-warming begin!!!

>:D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 7, 2013, 06:27 PM »
Picked up a Maul today.  And was very surprised to see what looked like about 3 cases of wave 1 sitting on the shelf today... minus the Sandtroopers!  I still haven't seen a single 6" Sandtrooper.  And I have to scratch my head at the prospect that someone is already army building with this line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 8, 2013, 02:00 AM »
I got a big smile on my face this past Thursday when I walked into my local TRU to see the entire wave 1 and an extra Luke and R2 just sitting on the shelves. Let the peg/shelf-warming begin!!!

>:D

I guess if my sense of amusement was that shallow, I'd be smiling too. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 9, 2013, 09:41 AM »
I think I feel the same way as Mike does about these figures. They look neat and everything but I just can't bring myself to to buy these. I've really had no interest in the past for any of the Side Show or GG stuff and these feel alot like those statues or even like the Unleashed line from years ago. They just look like bigger versions of figures I already have. I think I can find a 3 3/4" figure that is just as detailed looking but can fit into any ship. They just feel odd to me and an expensive toy. I guess it helps cataloging my entire collection and figuring out how many times I have these same characters in these same outfits that gives some perspective. These just don't fit with anything I have. I kind of look at my stuff as a museum collection. A museum exhibition always has a focus on a certain type of art. These things just don't fit in with this exhibition the same way Side Show and GG never did.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2013, 08:47 AM »

The existence of the 6" Black Series threatens the existence of the 3.75" Vintage/Black Series. I guess I'm shallow for wanting to see this line fail so that when the new movies start to come out, I still get 3.75" Vintage-quality figures of the new characters instead of poorly detailed 5POA ones.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2013, 10:15 AM »

The existence of the 6" Black Series threatens the existence of the 3.75" Vintage/Black Series. I guess I'm shallow for wanting to see this line fail so that when the new movies start to come out, I still get 3.75" Vintage-quality figures of the new characters instead of poorly detailed 5POA ones.
+1 for Pete.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Not looking that hard for these, but they do see to be moving quite well. When I do see left-overs, it's always Maul.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2013, 09:53 PM »
In my neck, they're pretty much stagnant.  Even Sandtroopers...  easy enough to find at this point.

Maul for sure is easy to get though, as are Luke and R2 here...  Sandtrooper is usually the only one that is missing if any of the wave are.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2013, 09:16 AM »
I'm already getting tired of seeing Wave 1. I hope Hasbro did not overproduce this wave like they tend to do right out of the gate, especially with Walmart out of the game. I don't think they can count on consumers buying up multiples of these like they do the smaller figures.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy