Author Topic: 6" Black Series Wave 1 (2013 Wave 1)  (Read 40731 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series - 2013 Wave 1
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2013, 04:39 PM »
I think WalMart's decision to not pick up the 6" line has the potential to be really damaging to Hasbro/Star Wars.  They are the number 1 toy retailer in the country.  But I think that WalMart's still got a bad taste in their mouth from the whole Discover the Force line of 2012.  And I think they may play hardball with Hasbro at least until Episode VII comes out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2013, 05:45 PM »
Not looking that hard for these, but they do see to be moving quite well. When I do see left-overs, it's always Maul.

There are 2-3 complete sets of these at ll the Targets I've been to in the last month or so.  I can't see that $20 price point lasting long.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2013, 04:47 AM »
I finally saw all of these today at TRU. Multiples of each. I still can't bring myself to buy any though. The Sandtrooper does looks REALLY nice.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2013, 12:22 PM »
$15.99 on Amazon Prime right now... good price for extra Sandtroopers or people who have waited to buy the wave.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2013, 11:39 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Rob.  I ordered the full set and will return my originals to Target.  That's about $15 in savings.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2013, 02:57 PM »
No problem.  Glad it worked out for you.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2013, 10:40 AM »
It may just be my area, but these are starting to pile up a little bit - at least at our local stores.  I primarily check Target, since I work there anyways, and they've since reset a bit so that there is one "space" on the shelf for it (one wide), and they are full all the way to the back of the aisle with this wave.  None seem to be too tough to find, although the Sandtrooper does disappear the most (Darth Maul 2nd).  Luke seems to be the shelfwarmer if any of them are.  Our TRU has also had a full set sitting on the pegs for awhile now.  It was mentioned earlier, but I think the price dropping more in the $15-17 range would help some too.  I think they have sold well, but things are slowing a bit.  Either that, or this is the rare example of part of a SW line actually shipping regularly as well.  We haven't seen that in awhile.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2013, 02:29 PM »
They piled up immediately here...  the Sandtrooper isn't hard to find now either though he's the only one that might be missing at any store.  $20 action figures have a pretty narrow market IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2013, 02:35 PM »
I see them all over the place now.  I agree - the $20 price point combined with only four figures in the line makes it easy for these to pile up quickly. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2013, 08:46 PM »
Yep, all good points, I'm noticing the same thing around here too. I think another concern is hasbro's tendency to overproduce the first wave of any new line. Plus these have been out for months now. Wave 2 Should have followed closer behind. Neca and mcfarlane seem to get this, I rarely see their stuff peg warming. Hasbro is still behind the learning curve on this, you can't run a 6" line like 3&3/4"line.

I can't say I really care all that much though, I like the line but don't feel as personally invested in it the way I did with the clone wars line. It's not going to bum me out if they mismanage this into the ground too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2013, 12:19 PM »
I finally opened my Sandie.  I really like the looks of the 6" line.  My only disappointment is that his lower legs (shins) seem to point in towards each other and since the knees are ball jointed, I can't rectify it (the feet do but then they don't line up well with the armor).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2013, 10:14 PM »
I haven't seen more than 3 or 4 of these on any shelf at any point in my area.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2013, 01:07 AM »
Saw a bunch of these at Target today, where they are a whopping $1 off this week.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2013, 02:47 PM »
If anyone is still thinking about checking these out, or were holding out on wave 1, Amazon has Luke, Maul, and R2 for $10 each right now.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2013, 04:38 PM »
If anyone is still thinking about checking these out, or were holding out on wave 1, Amazon has Luke, Maul, and R2 for $10 each right now.

$10 is definitely a great price for these figures, even little R2-D2. If the Sandtrooper drops down to $10 I might do some serious army building.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:38 PM by Greg »