Author Topic: 2013 SDCC Exclusive 6" Fett w/Carbonite Block  (Read 45914 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: A 6" Exclusive for SDCC 2013?
« Reply #45 on: February 9, 2013, 04:51 PM »
This was what we teased on our front page as a "set" with a big accessory and such.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2013 SDCC Exclusive 6" Fett w/Carbonite Block
« Reply #46 on: February 9, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Oh, and for some reason 6" scale Carbonite Block is really tempting...   I am so weak.  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: February 9, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Shud display nice... I think that's where people will be sucked in
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 9, 2013, 05:16 PM »
ugh,
why is it so tempting. I could never be a Jedi, I would give into temptation way to much.

Jim
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 9, 2013, 05:44 PM »
While there was no confirmation, but it seemed like a smug smile, the carbonite block will likely have lights.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 9, 2013, 05:47 PM »
I'm most likely down for this. I don't know if I'm going to buy all the 6 inch figs, but if I do I'll obviously want this set. Worst case scenario I'll buy it and sell it if I don't collect the 6 inch line.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 9, 2013, 08:06 PM »
I think that's in part what they hope for...  People to buy them for that one or two scenes they want to have in some kind of display.  I think they really are hoping some jump full in but they know some will be picky and that's a goal.  I bet these have lower production runs than typical 3.75" figures have had.

I mean, the Fett IS a pretty cool idea, espcially if teh block looks "floaty".  Lights up too maybe?  More the better.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 9, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Well, this pretty much solidifies me not collecting this line at all. Boba Fett has been my character focus since I was a kid, pretty much, so now Hasbro's starting a line with him as an exclusive that I have zero chance of getting, since I can't go to San Diego and since SDCC exclusives are impossible to get at HTS. Way to go, Hasbro: you lost and frustrated at least one potential collector before you even started.  ::)

Guess my Lego collection is going to be the 100% focus in terms of Star Wars from here on out. At least I can be thankful that Hasbro is saving me a lot of hassle and money in the long run.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: February 9, 2013, 10:17 PM »
now Hasbro's starting a line with him as an exclusive that I have zero chance of getting

I see your Hasbro pessimism is still firing on all cyliders, DP.  :P

Fear not - from GalacticHunter's Facebook page:
"SDCC Exclusive will be Boba Fett with Han in Carbonite. Han in Carbonite will be exclusive to show. Fett will be general release figure no variations."
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 9, 2013, 10:42 PM »
Fear not - from GalacticHunter's Facebook page:
"SDCC Exclusive will be Boba Fett with Han in Carbonite. Han in Carbonite will be exclusive to show. Fett will be general release figure no variations."

So Fett will come with both gauntlets then... so you'd need to get two if you want Empire and Jedi versions?   It's nice they talked to GH more about this... with me they didn't get too much into detail...kind of 'wait and see'.  But I didn't ask about Fett, but if Carbonite Han would light up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: February 9, 2013, 11:00 PM »
Sometimes it's whoevery ou talk to...  one guy won't say, one will...  never know who is who in that scenario.  I always found Darryl seemed to spill the beans a lot, haha.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2013, 08:43 AM »

I see your Hasbro pessimism is still firing on all cyliders, DP.  :P

Would you expect anything less?  ;D

In all seriousness, though, the last 2 years have, at least when it comes to Hasbro's action figure line, not been very fun at all for me. I just don't have the time or energy for the hunt anymore, and with prices going nowhere but up and space at a minimum, I think I've reached my relative end. I'll probably still pick up some of the 3.75" Black Series if I can find them, but my days of morning toy runs are over.

It's probably not the best basis for this, but when I think of the future of the 6" line, I can't help but look at Hasbro's distribution of Marvel Legends as an example. To this day, I have only seen about 1/3 of the figures Hasbro has done in that line (which, granted, may be partially due to me not showing up at 8 AM at Target).  Given how horrible it has been to find a SW figure past the TPM wave this past 14 months, I don't see a 6" collector line is going to get better market penetration.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there and I'm sorry for derailing the thread, but I've just been frustrated with everything Hasbro's done lately and it has felt more like a chore for me to collect. I'm not having fun, so it follows that I should just stop putting myself through the irritation, especially when, in the end scheme of things, they are just toys.

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2013, 02:43 PM »
might be better and cheaper to order them online
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2013, 04:40 PM »
This could be a really cool exclusive, and you know it is going to sell like crazy.  I mean, we know that they aren't going to leave Fett out of the regular retail lineup, but I hope I don't miss out on a Han in Carbonite (especially that it is hinted to have lights maybe?).  It is disappointing because it will likely be nearly impossible to get a hold of, especially if you can't attend SDCC, but I bet they could make this a heck of a nice looking display too.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2013, 05:29 PM »
Am I the only one thinking they'll do pretty high numbers (like former exclusives) of production for this one? I can understand the Death Star and Carbonite packaging sets having low production runs, but this is something lots of people are going to want. Yes, Fett will hit retail, but the Carbonite block won't (as far as we know). But still.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks