Author Topic: 2013 SDCC Exclusive 6" Fett w/Carbonite Block  (Read 45906 times)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Re: A 6" Exclusive for SDCC 2013?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 04:43 PM »
If it happens, it's going to be a very, VERY popular 6" figure... or should I say figure set?   :-X

A VERY popular “figure” (not character), which can apparently become a “set” of figures…

Sounds like the infamous Tonnika Sister(s) to me.

I'd be pretty surprised to see such an obscure character(s) make it's way into the brand new 6" line so soon, but talk about a very clever (and cruel) way to attempt to lure in the 4” collectors, the completists, the OT purists, the background character enthusiasts, and everyone in between.  All I can say is that if that’s true, they sure as hell better eventually release them in the 4” scale at some point later on, 'cause if they don't, these two will look like freakin' giants in my 4" cantina diorama!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:30 PM by Snively Bandar »

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 05:07 PM »
I'm hoping it's a 2-pack: BBQ Beru & Owen!  Yes, finally!  Woo hoo! 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 05:36 PM »
My hope Jawa and R5 D4
My guess Sandtroopers 2 pack probably with floating droid.

Let's hope.  I'd love some background characters to be sprinkled throughout, but I think they might stick with the big characters.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 08:49 PM »
I could definitely see them doing a 6" exclusive at SDCC.  I think they really want to push this new line with collectors in particular, and Comic Con is a great place to do that.  As others have mentioned, when the relaunched the Marvel Legends line they had an exclusive Thor that came in a Mjolnir box and had sort of a lightning effect (and eyes), then they released a "normal" version in the first wave of that line.

If they do have a Star Wars exclusive, I just hope it is something like this where if we weren't able to attend (and I'm guessing this would fly out of stock online, regardless of who it is), are still able to get the character.  Imagine wanting to get in on the ground floor of this line and missing out on one of the big guns.  Still, I'm interested to see if they do something cool.  I know the overall opinion doesn't seem to be a lot of excitement for this line, but I'm sort of interested (although I won't stop the 3 3/4" stuff either).

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Funeral pyre Vader and Luke.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 08:52 PM »
It's my understanding sort of that everything with this is really fluid, so while people are speculating wildly about it, I think it's good to keep it in perspective...  It seems, at best, written in wet cement but far from set in stone.

I'm curious as anyone what it could be.  I may not like the 6" line particularly, and won't be buying, but I like looking at them.

Maybe some light will be shed in a week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 09:34 PM »
Are these veiled hints?

It's my understanding sort of that everything with this is really fluid, so while people are speculating wildly about it, I think it's good to keep it in perspective...  It seems, at best, written in wet cement but far from set in stone.

I'm curious as anyone what it could be.  I may not like the 6" line particularly, and won't be buying, but I like looking at them.

Maybe some light will be shed in a week.

Han Solo with Carbonite Block

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 09:35 PM »
Hah, took me a minute to even get what you meant.  I'm burned out I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sallah

• Youngling
  • Back due to Black
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 1, 2013, 12:53 AM »
My guess is that it won't be something with a new body, as this line is just getting started... I think they may just use tooling from the first wave, which could mean either Wedge Antilles (re-using the Luke body)... or (and I lean strongly towards this) Luke in Stormtrooper disguise (the Luke head on a re-worked Sandtrooper body). Throw in a Han trooper (with a new Han head sculpt... or an existing one if he is a Wave 2 figure) and you would have a set (both using the same body).

I would actually much prefer a Luke/ Han stormtrooper set as an exclusive, just so they don't waste spots with these variants in the regular line. With only 8 releases this year, I wouldn't want SS disguise figures in the regular line.

Sallah
Come join the "Star Wars- The Black Series" Facebook fan page! https://www.facebook.com/StarWarsTheBlackSeries

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 1, 2013, 04:30 AM »
If it happens, it's going to be a very, VERY popular 6" figure... or should I say figure set?   :-X

Set?  Hmm...

Set? Luke, Vader, Palpatine ROTJ 30th Anniversary set

I like where Diddly is going with this, a ROTJ 30th Anniversary theme. 

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 1, 2013, 05:07 AM »
My hope Jawa and R5 D4
My guess Sandtroopers 2 pack probably with floating droid.

Let's hope.  I'd love some background characters to be sprinkled throughout, but I think they might stick with the big characters.
If the line is a hit we'll see Jawas, i'm sure. One of the reasons i may collect these is the prospect of Greedo being given this treatment!
« Last Edit: February 1, 2013, 05:08 AM by jono »

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 1, 2013, 08:23 AM »
Another possibility could be X -wing Luke and damaged Artoo from the Battle of yavin.

The Luke could have glovless hands and Artoo all that carbon scoring.

EDIT. Curto is apparently hinting on FB that it's a Vader. If so, i reckon ANH designation with Torture droid. Then droidless ANH Vader follows in wave 2.

Sigh. The beauty of speculation.

« Last Edit: February 1, 2013, 10:57 AM by jono »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 1, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Luke and Han Stormies would be awesome.  Hope they sell them on the internets

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 2, 2013, 12:48 PM »
To be honest I am tired of exclusives becuase of the inevitable price hike on something that is already $5 too high to begin with.    That alone kills a bit of my ethusiasm for the line.  I can imagine a Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart exclusives already.    TRU will probably have a $30 R2-D2 Dagobah paint application variant as their exclusive.  Or Wal-Mart will have a $100 Cantina Band Set.  Target will have a $30 Luke Vavin Ceremonial figure.  I assume this SDCC will be $30 as well plus shipping if you order it online.  I am sure it will be a cool figure and all, but I just hope they don't go over board with the exclusives. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #29 on: February 2, 2013, 02:38 PM »
If Hasbro's recent track record of SDCC exclusives hold, I don't see the exclusive being much more than a figure or figures (eventually released at retail down the road) with an exclusive accessory or two.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird