Author Topic: 2013 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Vader Cardback)  (Read 58432 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Saga Legends Basic Figures - Vader Cardback
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2014, 08:05 PM »
I'm diggin' that Snowtrooper. It seems to have an animated vibe. Perhaps the character will appear in Rebels and this sculpt repacked in the toy line?

Maul is definitely redundant. I already have the Movie Heroes version, so this new sculpt will have to be a significant improvement for me to even consider getting it.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2014, 11:37 PM »
LOVE the snow trooper. He'll go great with the commander.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2014, 12:41 PM »
It seems that everyone who likes this line wants a few Stormtroopers.  I hope Hasbro notes this and releases a Mission Series set with A.) Two Stormtroopers.  B.)  A Stormtrooper and a new TIE Pilot, or C.) A Stormtrooper and a new Death Squad Commander.

I'd love sets like that.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2014, 02:21 PM »
I like best the saga legends snowtrooper for 2014.

However it lacks paint applications on soles of boots and pouches
the sculpt justifies its purchase.

I agree with a pack of empire soldiers, but perhaps
Hasbro could complete the paint job and varies it a bit;

for instance, making lenses of snowtroopers and stormtroopers green.  ;)

Online Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Found what looked like remnants of Wave 2 at a local grocery store this afternoon. Boba Fett, Rex, Mace Windu were the only ones I saw. I think the ROTS Obi-Wan is new too, right? If so, they had that one too. I might go back and snag the Fett for use with the Big Slave I.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2014, 10:28 PM »
I have found all of these, except the Stormtrooper.  Most of them are pretty nice.  I'm shocked that R2 doesn't even click when turning his head.  However, the Han figure is one of my favorite figures ever.  There's just something so dead on about him.  I think its the angle of his wrist.  To make his gun level, he has to raise his hand above his shoulder, and it is very, very Han.

It's a friggin' shame that Hasbro didn't make the 1995 figures like this.  There's nothing on these that could not have been done back then, they just made bad aesthetic choices with the muscle-men figures.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 3, 2014, 01:01 PM »
It's a friggin' shame that Hasbro didn't make the 1995 figures like this.  There's nothing on these that could not have been done back then, they just made bad aesthetic choices with the muscle-men figures.

I thought the same thing when I picked up the Han/Chewie and Droids packs, if these had been the figures in 1995, people would have really been going crazy for them (which happened anyways I guess, but it still would have been cool).  I happened to find the Stormtrooper at TRU today, and that figure really is pretty nice.  Low articulation and all that, but otherwise, it is a pretty sweet trooper.  Still on the lookout for Boba Fett at some point, but I think I'll continue to try to pick up all the OT characters.  Fun figures for $5.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 7, 2014, 12:50 PM »
Went out to Walmart to see if this story about them clearancing SL already is true....only one store around here even carried them to begin with. I did indeed see the $3 clearance tag, but they still rang up at $5.88. So I just got them to price adjust at the register by showing them the tag and walked out with a $3 Shock Trooper.

Wish they would get that Wave 2 in at those prices...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 7, 2014, 09:51 PM »
I was lucky enough to find pretty much a full case of SL Wave 2 at my local Target tonight, along with a bunch of the Mission Series 2-packs. I walked out with a shiny new Captain Rex as my reward. This was the last 3&3/4" SW thing I had on my radar for 2014 until the Rebels stuff comes out. Happy to be caught up...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #115 on: February 8, 2014, 01:57 PM »
Found quite a bit of SL wave 2 at target and TRU in the last two days. I pretty much like them all though I do think this boba fett is a miss. The one in the three pack was better IMHO. Didn't figure id like Rex and Cody but found them both pretty neat.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2014, 12:34 PM »
Found the Boba Fett at Target this weekend, not too bad of a figure.  Again, as with all of these, I don't judge them as harshly since I'm only paying $6 each (or $5 for the two packs), but they aren't too bad.  I find it fun keeping up with the OT characters anyways.  Again, if these would have been the POTF2 figures we had gotten, I think we would have been out of our minds with how detailed things were, but a lot has changed in action figures since '95.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Only new figures for the non-Rebels Saga Legends Basic Figures were Maul and Snowtrooper and both of those leaked early so I didn't really reshoot much on them.

Did get a few shots though...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2014, 04:11 AM »
The sculpt on that Snowtrooper looks pretty good.  I think this is the first Legends figure I'm actually interested in. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Are any of you guys finding the Jedi Luke?  I haven't seen that or the Fett at all.