Author Topic: 2013 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles - Vader Boxes  (Read 5458 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2013 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles - Vader Boxes
« on: February 1, 2013, 11:33 AM »
From spies at German Toy Fair from JediNews UK:

Class II vehicles.  Jango's Slave I was shown, but in a new triangular-shaped packaging with the Vader design.

[sarcasm]Good news everyone - the super-popular mini-Slave I is being carried forward into the Fall Class II assortment!  [/sarcasm]

Triangular shaped packaging?  I'm interested to see what those look like...  doesn't sound like something that will stack nicely on retailer shelves. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles - Vader Boxes
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2013, 09:14 PM »
I guess this goes here, since it'll be in the Vader packaging

ROTS  Jedi Starfighter

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/Star-Wars-Toy-Fair-2013-041_1360450906.jpg

First picture I've seen of it.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2013, 10:42 PM »
Was there any indication as to which of the three Class II vehicles that are in Yoda packaging AREN'T getting re-released in the Vader packaging? Or are those cases going to bump the count out to 4 vehicles per box? The only reason I ask is cause I already grabbed a MIB set of the three Yoda-packaging ones, and I'll also get the Vader packaging releases, and I want one of each to open, I'd much rather just wait and open the Vader-packaging re-releases when they come out, but if one of the three aren't getting re-released, I'll grab it now....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 03:19 PM »
I saw Target had clearance stickers on these today for $13.98 each. I guess they are dumping everything outside of figures? I guess we weren't likely to get much else in this line anyway, not that there was a lack of good choices. Non-exclusive vehicles just seem DOA for 2014.

Also saw they had that Rise of Vader set for 50% off...still meh.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:19 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 10:45 PM »
Is the Obi-Wan Starfighter the same as the previous releases or is it a scaled down version of the originals?  I've decided to go back and get some ships that I skipped, and I was about to buy this one off of the HTS sale... but I don't want it if it's not basically the same as it's always been.

?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 08:16 AM »
I've been seeing the 2nd wave of these hit pretty regularly at my local Toys R Us. Wave 2 is the Boba Fett's Slave I, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (Blue), Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (EU version of Obi-Wan's AOTC Red one in Yellow).

I picked up a set of three for my MIB collection. I'm gonna wait for coupons or rewards bucks or something to pick up my openers - if I get them at all.

When I first saw these, I guess in my mind the blue Jedi Starfighter looked more purple and they were doing Mace's ship in this smaller scale - I'm confused as to why Obi-Wan needed a 3rd ship in this line. If you're a kid and you have the 5POA Obi-Wan figure, how many vehicles does he need to fly around in? Same goes for Anakin really.

I can appreciate that Hasbro is trying to save money and re-use the molds they already paid for as shelf-filler - but why not give us new color schemes and release them as simply "Jedi Starfighter" and not give any ownership to the vehicle?

I would have much rather found the 3rd wave of Saga Legends figures (Jedi Luke, Snowtrooper, Clone Wars Obi-Wan & Darth Maul) - but I'm starting to think that those figures may never hit here in the US...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:16 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!