Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75"

Your Hopes/Fears for The Black Series 3.75" Figures?

(1/5) > >>

Jeff:
OK, all we know so far is that we're probably getting the Vader artwork on a boring cardback for the Black Series 3.75" figures.

What are your hopes and dreams for this line?  What is the one thing that would kill it for you?  What is the one thing that would make it the greatest line ever?

For me, jumping to a MSRP of >$10 would kill my enthusiasm.  $10 is really the ultimate cap for these and I'd be willing to give up some articulation (down to the 9-11 points range - I'm fine with no ankles and cut elbows sometimes) if it meant shaving a buck or two off the price.

Make it the Greatest line ever?  Why the debut of the Tonnika Sisters of course!  Those would be the ultimate "15th Cantina Guy".  ;)

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Jeff on February  1, 2013, 12:18 PM ---Make it the Greatest line ever?  Why the debut of the Tonnika Sisters of course!  Those would be the ultimate "15th Cantina Guy".  ;)

--- End quote ---

Well, they said who wants the "15th Cantina Guy" but they said nothing about the 3 or so Cantina Gals that have yet to be made.  ;D

A higher price point would kill it for me.  I'm already just getting OT figures at higher prices if I can't find them in store and falling back on secondary stores like 5 Below (with some help from friends) to get PT ones or if I don't find it I can live without it.  I don't mind lower PoA.  Not all figures need to be super articulated anyways...maybe the main heroes and villains and troopers, secondary to background figures can be less-so.

CaptainYoda:
I think $10 would be a top limit price wise for me as well.

I would like to keep seeing never before made figures, like the Sisters.

JediJman:
I just hope they have solid articulation and cool figure choices.  And that there's enough distribution for people to find what they want. The inability to find what I want at retail is really the only thing that has me wanting to jump ship on collecting.  I don't mind paying for quality stuff, but I do mind having to buy two full cases over the internet just to get my four new figures.

Personally, I could kind of care less about the launch price point.  People were up in arms about $10-11 prices not so long ago, but how many BOGO and BOGO50 sales have we seen in just the last year?  They won't sell much at that price, so we'll start seeing sales and internet discounts...maybe even more TJ Maxx and 5 Below deals over the long haul.  I don't want to overpay, but even if they come out at >$10, we'll be able to find them for less than that if we're a little patient. 

McMetal:

--- Quote from: JediJman on February  1, 2013, 02:20 PM ---I just hope they have solid articulation and cool figure choices.  And that there's enough distribution for people to find what they want. The inability to find what I want at retail is really the only thing that has me wanting to jump ship on collecting.  I don't mind paying for quality stuff, but I do mind having to buy two full cases over the internet just to get my four new figures.

Personally, I could kind of care less about the launch price point.  People were up in arms about $10-11 prices not so long ago, but how many BOGO and BOGO50 sales have we seen in just the last year?  They won't sell much at that price, so we'll start seeing sales and internet discounts...maybe even more TJ Maxx and 5 Below deals over the long haul.  I don't want to overpay, but even if they come out at >$10, we'll be able to find them for less than that if we're a little patient.

--- End quote ---

+1

First and foremost, I have to be able to find stuff in stores. It all starts there for me.

I also worry that Hasbro will be spread too thin with a new 6" line, 3&3/4 black series, Movie Heroes, and whatever the hell they decide to do with Clone Wars...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version