Author Topic: Man of Steel- The Toys  (Read 5561 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Man of Steel- The Toys
« on: February 1, 2013, 01:49 PM »
Looks like Super Hero Hype released some sneak peek pictures of some of the upcoming Man of Steel merchandise. Looks pretty good.

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/superman/man-of-steel/toys-and-collectibles
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Man of Steel- The Toys
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:40 PM »
These showed up in force at Wally World in Iowa today. No Movie Masters yet but the rest of it. The $6 range seems a bit better quality wise than TDKR, with some added elbow articulation and better paint apps so far as I saw. Zod is of course, 1 per case of these.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 11:03 PM »
Not sure if it needs its own thread but found the movie masters today at Walmart. Wasn't going to pick them up, but bought Superman and Jor-El.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2013, 09:00 AM »
I saw these figures at Walmart too but couldn't find an Ursa so who cares.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 5, 2013, 12:02 PM »
saw these for the first time at wally, basic figures look sorta cool but keeping with the 'new less articulated' "action figures" I easily passed. they did have ONE of the movie masters Supes, and can't say I was totally impressed - I'm still NOT digging the redesigned suit, looks too much like spiderman's basketball material.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 02:43 PM »
I think we have a new runaway 2013 Champion of Pegwarmicity.  Man of Steel toys seem to be selling at a pace not seen since Batman last year...ouch

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 04:18 PM »
I think we have a new runaway 2013 Champion of Pegwarmicity.  Man of Steel toys seem to be selling at a pace not seen since Batman last year...ouch

I'd classify them somewhere around POTC status.  Between this and Iron Man 3 (already on clearance), I hope someone is getting the clue that unarticulated crap figures are not what kids or collectors really want. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Yeah they're pretty dead. The MM figures are not in the reset at Target and finding any of the newer pieces is probably going to be hard. Did see a Faora at Chicago Comic Con. $35.  Nope.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 08:51 PM »
Yeah, these sure seem dead in the water.  I can't say I've paid super close attention to them since the first couple weeks, but I can't say much of it is moving.  Even the Movie Masters has primarily been pegs full of Zods for awhile now.  Never saw Faora either, but did grab the regular Supes and armored Zod.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within