Author Topic: Star Wars Movie Spin-Offs?  (Read 24561 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Movie Spin-Offs?
« Reply #15 on: February 6, 2013, 02:36 PM »
I can't wait till a Bossk film.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: February 6, 2013, 02:42 PM »
I know a perfect guy for young Han Solo...the guy who played Mutt Williams...ole whatshisname

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 6, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Would each spinoff have its own trilogy?  It just wouldn't be Star Wars without it!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 6, 2013, 03:32 PM »
Maybe each spin-off could lead into the next, thus making a trilogy?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 6, 2013, 04:59 PM »
I like the Fett and Solo concepts.  If they go this route, I hope they focus on stand alone films vs. trying to stretch each into it's own trilogy.  That's just too much of a good thing.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 6, 2013, 05:13 PM »
FX-7: Medical Droid with trusty sidekick 21B
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2013, 06:54 PM »
A Han Solo focused movie?  As well as a Boba Fett movie?  It seems like Disney/LFL is looking to really capitalize on a pair of the most popular OT characters.

The Han Solo idea has potential.  But how faithful will the film be to some of Han's established backstory?  Do they continue on with his defection from the Empire?  What about the freeing of Chewbacca?  And then there's the relationship between Han Solo and Lando, as well as the origins of the Millenium Falcon.

As for the Boba Fett movie?  That's likely to be a pure free for all.  I'd like to see Jabba in that story, and perhaps some of the other bounty hunters.  Aside from that?  This looks like a calculated move to draw in the fanboys.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 6, 2013, 08:31 PM »
As for the Boba Fett movie?  That's likely to be a pure free for all.  I'd like to see Jabba in that story, and perhaps some of the other bounty hunters.  Aside from that?  This looks like a calculated move to draw in the fanboys.

Maybe a Rystall hook up as well?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: February 6, 2013, 08:46 PM »
Aayla Secura will have her own series if it's all about Fanboys.  That'd be money in the bank.

The "spoim bank" that is!

« Last Edit: February 6, 2013, 08:47 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 6, 2013, 10:10 PM »
DROIDS the Movie. Explains how Captain Antilles loses possession of C-3PO and R2-D2 for years only to win them back in time for ANH.

MEEBUR GASCON: The Frog of War later retitled Star Wars: D-Squad

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 7, 2013, 08:46 AM »
Allow me to be the first to say: no one can play Han Solo but Harrison Ford. He owns that role...anyone else would fall terribly short, IMO. For that reason alone they should have avoided this one.

Boba and Yoda are fine because there really are no humans associated to those iconic roles.

Also, I think at this point it starts to become a legitimate concern that they are going to overkill with all these movies and projects. I would prefer less, and better.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 7, 2013, 09:20 AM »
The trouble with a Han Solo movie is definitely the casting.  How do you do that and do justice to the character that Harrison Ford established?  An animated feature makes sense if you absolutely want Harrison Ford involved with the project.  And Lucasfilm DOES have an animation group.

A live action Han Solo movie would be more challenging on the casting front.  Do you cast an established star or an unknown?  Or do you try to de-age Harrison Ford via special effects?

As for a Boba Fett project, the boundaries seems far more open.  I think since establishing Temuera Morrison as Jango Fett and the older clones in Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith (and voicing Boba Fett in the DVD version of TESB), it would make sense to have him play Boba Fett.  And considering the previous rumors of Zach Snyder being involved in a Star Wars project, I could really see him doing something great with a Boba Fett film.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2013, 09:21 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 7, 2013, 11:01 AM »
As for a Boba Fett project, the boundaries seems far more open.  I think since establishing Temuera Morrison as Jango Fett and the older clones in Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith (and voicing Boba Fett in the DVD version of TESB), it would make sense to have him play Boba Fett.  And considering the previous rumors of Zach Snyder being involved in a Star Wars project, I could really see him doing something great with a Boba Fett film.

I fully agree with this, my only concern is that Disney would look at Temuera and think 'no way we can have him play the character and expect a big box office draw, whether it's SW or not.'  If they did have a moment of clarity and allowed him to play BF and keep the continuity between the films, then I would expect that there would be some big names also associated with the film in order to get the draw they would want from a SW film.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 7, 2013, 11:11 AM »
I'd like to see them keep Temuera if they do a Fett movie.  He has the rugged look.  Knowing Disney, they might replace him with Nick Cage.

One of the things that might have been cool, but probably won't happen with the events that happened in Sith, is that Boba could have hunted down Mace to avenge his father's death...though like Game of Thrones, if you don't see the body, don't count the person out.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: February 7, 2013, 11:13 AM »
If Darth Maul can survive being chopped in half and falling down a bottomless energy chasm, then certainly a jedi as powerful as Mace Windu could survive getting tossed out a window...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender