Author Topic: Amazon Vintage Slave I w/Carbonite Block  (Read 39641 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Amazon Vintage Slave I w/Carbonite Block
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Yeah...my box is fine...it's just the principle of the whole thing

Check our FB page for the sticker shot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2013, 12:25 AM »
I don't get it...  What were they thinking on this one?  To ship something outside of a box?  I just don't see what they were thinking other than, "Wow this is big and we're eating it hard on shipping"...  What other excuse could there be on this?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2013, 10:51 AM »
My two Slave I's are in limbo now pending the Amazon product review.

I hate to say "I told you so" - but when I heard Amazon had Vintage Collection exclusives - which just in name alone implies that the packaging is part of the exclusive - that people were gonna get shipments beat to all heck or even better yet - with shipping stickers stuck DIRECTLY onto the box.

Thank god there is supposedly a white mailer box that is supposed to be around these, at least MAYBE we can give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt for thinking about that in advance and just the warehouse workers at Amazon being total d-bags and not giving a ****.

Now, with regards to the missing parts - I don't believe it to be widespread at all - I actually think it's fraud.

I find it awfully coincidental that the missing parts are all from the same bag that include Han in Carbonite - VERY easy to open up the box, grab that bag and then claim it wasn't in there all for the sake of getting the one thing most collectors really want from this set - that new Han in Carbonite figure.

Of course, if/when mine finally come, I probably just jinxed myself.  :-X
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2013, 10:53 AM »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Do you think the droid factory set will be sent with packing tape around all six figures with the shipping label pasted to the back of one of the figures?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2013, 01:11 PM »
For anyone who has opened this, is the Han in Carbonite a repaint of the Saga 2 mold or a retool of the Carbonite Jar Jar from last year's SDCC? I'm having a hard time knowing for sure based on pics, but it looks like the Saga 2.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2013, 01:11 PM »
Mine arrived today, and was in the white Hasbro shipping box.  The inside (vinty) box was in ok shape, kind of bunged up on the one end.  I don't plan on keeping it boxed, but I do keep the vintage boxes, and I suppose it is in good enough shape for that.  Still love this packaging, haven't opened it to check out the actual ship yet.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2013, 01:16 PM »
Do you think the droid factory set will be sent with packing tape around all six figures with the shipping label pasted to the back of one of the figures?

I think if they are sent individually with a mailing label stuck to the back they would qualify for postcard shipping rates.  I expect to see six tracking numbers for my order.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2013, 01:52 PM »

I think if they are sent individually with a mailing label stuck to the back they would qualify for postcard shipping rates.  I expect to see six tracking numbers for my order.

At first I read this quickly and thought you ordered six Slave-1's...I'll admit, I was a little jealous!  ;)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2013, 02:46 PM »
At first I read this quickly and thought you ordered six Slave-1's...I'll admit, I was a little jealous!  ;)

Ha!   ;D  Imagine six times the disappointment.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2013, 05:01 PM »
I got my replacement Slave I today and was relieved that it shipped inside a large brown box with tons of paper padding inside. Aside from a minor ding on a corner (which I can live with), the box was in very good shape. The only odd thing was that, like the previous one, one of the end box flaps was open. All the pieces were there, though, and nothing was broken, so no real harm, just odd.

I do have to say, though, that despite this being a fiasco, at least Amazon is trying to make it right. They've shipped replacements or offered refunds, as well as taking it down from the site until they could straighten things out. Should it have never happened to begin with?  No, it shouldn't have, and Amazon should have known better, and I expected more from them. That being said, the CS reps I spoke to were very apologetic and recognized it was a huge error and tried to make up for it. That's more than most companies (Hasbro included) do when mistakes are made in this day and age.

Back to the toy itself, I have the same wing issue that others have mentioned so ill have to look into fixing that sometime, but, like the AOTC version, it's still a nice toy and worth the price to me, comparatively speaking. I just hope all the shipping issues get straightened out soon so everyone who wants one can get one.

The biggest disappointment in the toy is the Carbonite Han. I was hoping they'd do a new mold, but it's the 2006 TSC version in solid color with the hollow back. Why they would do a totally new mold for that joke Jar Jar Carbonite figure and not at least retool it for a Han Solo is beyond me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2013, 05:55 PM »
I'm a little surprised the block isn't new.  It should be, I agree.

Glad yours worked out Doc!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2013, 09:09 PM »
It's back in stock.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2013, 09:44 PM »
I clicked on the link, thinking about ordering this-

Then I saw those images of the beat up boxes (complete with dialogue)

Amazon may want to consider taking down those pics...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2013, 09:49 PM »
I don't know if they will or not...  May feel it reflects equally poorly on them if they remove the images perhaps?