Author Topic: Amazon Vintage TIE Interceptor  (Read 25407 times)

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Vintage TIE Interceptor
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 08:06 PM »
I will buy it.  I just hope Amazon can ship it to me in some what good shape  ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 01:06 AM »
It's funny...  I ordered a LOT from Amazon this year...  Tons of gifts for XMas, bday's, and when the final wave hit I ordered multiple extras off them as the prices kept going down down down, and extras of the early army builders taht obviously didn't get price drops.

Free shipping was more than enough to entice me multiple times.  I just ordered something off them for my shop actually since I always wanted a snake cam.

I've NEVER gotten anything bad from them...  Ever.  It's all always arrived packed great.  We have a shipping place from them in PA.  Maybe that helps?  I dunno.

I've gotten TRU orders with stickers on them (not that I cared), and same with Target.

Wal-mart I usually do ship to store and never had a problem, but they rarely have anything to order anyway.  K-Mart, on rare occassion I order anything, has always shipped really first class packing.  Go figure right?

Amazon though, not always packed with a lot of padding but I never even got a crease on a card.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 09:44 AM »
Don't get me wrong, glad to see this out again, but it's funny a full winged TIE fighter with the latest cockpit hasn't hit yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 09:48 PM »
I wonder if it's not the price point?  It'd be a fair size toy and big ticket stuff seems really shakey now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23 AM »
I wonder if it's not the price point?  It'd be a fair size toy and big ticket stuff seems really shakey now.

It's probably that combined with the size of the box for the full sized TIE.  Even that Target exclusive version from the TLC RED line was really big, and Hasbro had managed to scale the box down somewhat.  Even then, that box takes up a good deal of shelf space, and that costs money.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 1, 2013, 02:18 PM »
Amazon preorders up. $50.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 1, 2013, 08:27 PM »

Here's a Jedi Defender linky for you guys since they're a sponsor. :x

Shameless plug, but every lil bit helps.

I'm putting an order in on this now I think.  One of my favorite ships in the trilogy and the toy's pretty damn accurate all these years later...  wrong paintjpob (not blue-grey enough) but neat for an earlier model squint in the primer colors.

It's one of the only things I'm excited about in 2013.  :-\

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 2, 2013, 12:13 PM »
That's a little pricier than I would like, but I'm sure I'll be preordering this before the day is done. Thanks for the link and pics!

Dave

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 2, 2013, 12:33 PM »
I pre-ordered one of these and one of the Slave I this afternoon - used the Jedi Defender links for both. A little surprised at the prices - oh well - it's the difference between two of each and one of each for me....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 2, 2013, 01:41 PM »
I'm definitely only getting one...  $45 is, eh, but I still dig it and it's the first Interceptor to use the new cockpit...  Which is miles superior in detail, so that's a selling point for some I'm sure.  I agree on the price(s).  I think Amazon's a little ream-ish on these ships...  tough to say not knowing what the MSRP's are though.  They shouldn't have cost a ton to make, but who knows. Maybe Amazon was ultra conservative on #'s they'd order?  Doesn't seem likely given their usual discounting of stuff though.  Conservative ordering doesn't just seem to fit them.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 2, 2013, 02:16 PM »
I'm definitely only getting one...  $45 is, eh, but I still dig it and it's the first Interceptor to use the new cockpit...  Which is miles superior in detail, so that's a selling point for some I'm sure.  I agree on the price(s).  I think Amazon's a little ream-ish on these ships...  tough to say not knowing what the MSRP's are though.  They shouldn't have cost a ton to make, but who knows. Maybe Amazon was ultra conservative on #'s they'd order?  Doesn't seem likely given their usual discounting of stuff though.  Conservative ordering doesn't just seem to fit them.

2009 release used the new cockpit.  I'd post a link but I'm lazy this computer won't let me do that (or browser).

Legacy Collection TIE interceptor
« Last Edit: July 2, 2013, 09:58 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: July 2, 2013, 04:53 PM »

I think they charge a bit more to offset the free shipping they offer.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2013, 04:53 PM by Jayson »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 2, 2013, 09:23 PM »
Definitely a possibility...  Though generally their stuff isn't expensive.  Downright cheap compared to some retailers, but I'm talking just general junk.

$10.99 figures, really, compared to looking for them...  Not bad.

These exclusives are new territory for them.

I didn't realize there was an Int with the totally revamped cockpit...  How'd I miss this?  Or do I have it and can't find it?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #29 on: July 2, 2013, 10:28 PM »
Definitely a possibility...  Though generally their stuff isn't expensive.  Downright cheap compared to some retailers, but I'm talking just general junk.

$10.99 figures, really, compared to looking for them...  Not bad.

These exclusives are new territory for them.

I didn't realize there was an Int with the totally revamped cockpit...  How'd I miss this?  Or do I have it and can't find it?

The TLC (Red/white) version that was exclusive to TRU in 2009 has the updated cockpit. Ironically, it to sold for $49.99 (but with a pilot).