Author Topic: Toys R Us Vintage Bigg's X-Wing Fighter  (Read 27570 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Toys R Us Vintage Bigg's X-Wing Fighter
« Reply #30 on: August 9, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Pass.  I'm content with the two X-Wings that I already have that are essentially the same thing.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 9, 2013, 03:53 PM »
Should've make it with an "exploding" feature, like the old Micro Collecton X-Wing.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 12:02 AM »
Should've make it with an "exploding" feature, like the old Micro Collecton X-Wing.

+1 I loved that Xwing! There was something so fun about pushing that button and having it go all wet noodle.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 05:49 PM »
I picked this up today!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Nice score Anton!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 11:16 PM »

+1 I loved that Xwing! There was something so fun about pushing that button and having it go all wet noodle.

I actually never owned it, but I had the snowspeeder which had the same feature, it was the last micro collection thing I got. It was cool.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:17 PM by Scockery »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 11:51 PM »

I actually never owned it, but I had the snowspeeder which had the same feature, it was the last micro collection thing I got. It was cool.

It's funny you guys should mention that. I never noticed this with the TRU Luke/Vader set because it was assembled, but the new X-Wing nose does detach right before the cockpit. It comes disassembled in Bigg's X-Wing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2013, 12:39 AM »
Available on TRU.com enter "EXTRA15" at checkout for 15% off.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:12 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 09:42 AM »
Available on TRU.com enter "EXTRA15" at checkout for 15% off.

And yet somehow still not worth it.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2013, 05:51 PM »
Picked this up the other day.  Don't really need another X-Wing, but I wanted a version with the new cockpit tooling since I didn't get the "Trench Run" set last year.  The new fuselage tooling is generally nice, but I'd like to know why Hasbro simply didn't go all the way and make new engines, main landing gear with doors, and wings.  Instead its sort of a hybrid between the old 1996 tooling and the new 2011-12 tooling.   

In any event, I intended to get this ship as sort of a "legacy" purchase since my very first Star Wars toy, an original vintage X-Wing I got when I was about 4 years old, was also "Red 3" and came from Toys R Us.  I still have that ship ;)     
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2013, 07:45 PM »
I was really bummed when they didn't go balls out and do a scale X-WIng honestly...  Totally in the realm of possibility, especially if you're doing it as a "break down" piece made of multiple sections.  I've yet to buy the new tool and never will I'm afraid, though I too would dig the box.

I really wish Hasbro did some premium ships...  I'd pay more than $60 for one, but I may be in the minority on that...  Imagine though, a scaled Y-Wing with a better level of detail than the typical Hasbro ship?  I'm there for $100 on that even.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2013, 10:40 PM »
I got this in the mail today. I haven't opened it yet, but I actually appreciate the packaging. Possibly my favorite Vintage box so far due to the simplicity (just the X-Wing, with an eye-catching red background), and also very reasonably sized. I always thought the previous X-Wing diorama packages were cool, but extremely wasteful at the same time.

I was really bummed when they didn't go balls out and do a scale X-WIng honestly...  Totally in the realm of possibility, especially if you're doing it as a "break down" piece made of multiple sections.  I've yet to buy the new tool and never will I'm afraid, though I too would dig the box.

I really wish Hasbro did some premium ships...  I'd pay more than $60 for one, but I may be in the minority on that...  Imagine though, a scaled Y-Wing with a better level of detail than the typical Hasbro ship?  I'm there for $100 on that even.

Just curious, how much bigger would a to-scale X-Wing be? Would it be similar in size to those 1:18 scale modern fighter planes?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2013, 11:38 PM »
It'd be similar to the planes yeah...  Not huge.  None of the starfighters are that huge actually.  Even the B-Wing, which is the largest overall, not a really big ship.  Exact depends on how you view Star Wars figs in terms of scale, but 1:18 would be about 27" long and not quite as wide obviously.

24.5" would be about 1:20 scale...  Star Wars figures are ultimately more in line with this than 1:18, for the most part.  Depends on the figure, and Hasbro's mood that year. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 12:50 PM »
The TRU near where I work had two of these this morning. Last week - after making some 3.75" Black Series purchases I was presented with two "$5 off a $25 or more purchase" coupons.

So I was fully intending on buy both X-Wings and using both coupons.

One X-Wing was absolutely perfect. The other had dented corner.

When the cashier was ringing up the mint one - he insisted that he take it from me to put it in a bag. I hesitantly agreed and then he proceeded to drop it.  >:(

So needless to say, I'm still in the market for a MIB one and I'm hoping I find it this week as the coupons expire Friday...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2013, 03:31 PM »
Oh man, that's brutal. Once the money changes hands, I never let them touch my stuff. (Yes, that's what she said  :P)

I have had at least 1 or 2 figures eat it on those %^&*( conveyor belts too. I hate those things!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy