Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Kmart Imperial Scanning Crew 2-Pack

<< < (27/29) > >>

Darth_Anton:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on December 10, 2013, 07:43 PM ---
Kinda neat seeing these seemingly outsell last year's sets, which were awesome, by what appears to be a good margin.  Last year's sets backed up after the initial couple cases...  This year's seemed to only back up after a long, long time.

--- End quote ---

It's weird to hear different experiences. Last year's sets for me were very scarce which is why I was panicing this year. However, this year i'm seeing them stocked every other day.

Jesse James:
Mine were getting stocked like that too, for a while, but they've slowed down now...  they were selling through though till this last stock, now they're hitting a slower pace for sure and the bottom is sitting.

Last year's sets, I saw those on clearance...  TONS of the Ewok set and some of the AT-ST Pilots too even.  I cleaned up on those.  I wish I'd bought a couple Ewok sets on clearance looking back now.  This year's set, it seems as abundant as last year's, but sells steadily...  I hit my one K-Mart almost daily, the other one once or twice a week, and I've watched the exclusives closely this year.

The Ewok set, really it started sitting almost immediately...  Given what it is, I thought it was far more visually appealing but I guess the masses disagreed.  :-\  Loads of Ewok sets here.  They're also on a steeper sale price right now than the Scanner dudes.

Speaking of all this...

I wound up earning a ton of stuff at K-Mart this week...  $50 gets you a $.30 off per gallon of gas coupon for BP stations, and this week gets you a $5 giftcard.  These come about a lot, but I never see that deal advertised.  It's good next week.

Anyway, I keep getting printed coupons with my receipt too, and I keep getting $3 off $10 in toys ones this week.  I got 2 of the $5 cards too, so those with the coupon will net me basically a 2-pack for free I think. 

I did some Christmas shopping earlier this week with one coupon I had, and again tonight using a different coupon I had.  Each coupon I used on each trip were for $10 in Rewards points (if I spent x ammount on y type of items, like tonight's coupon was $35 on apparel).  That means I netted $20 in free money there as well.  The Reward Zone card at K-Mart, love 'em or hate 'em, has earned me so much free stuff this year it's insane.  I fed pets for free quite often, got some toys with my points $, and that's not even getting into the cash off coupons I keep getting.  Target and WM do nothing remotely this awesome.  TRU has a half-assed system that clearly could be handled better if K-Mart's card is this useful.

Jesse James:
Picked up my Scanner box set...  Last one my store had.  $.60 total, which was the tax I guess since Rewards points don't seem to cover tax if you pay the whole thing with points.  I used a $3 off $10 coupon, 2 $5 giftcards earned last week, and I've got $60 in points chilling right now with only like $8 expiring in january and the rest not till late 2014.

This was a good day.

Plus someone left their gas coupon so I took it.

Jesse James:
Got another $3 off $10 coupon from my gf today, grabbed a set at another KM using it and RZ points again.

Phrubruh:
Got the Stormtrooper/Technician pack from Kmart yesterday. They were pretty even in numbers with the other pack. They also had two ewok catapult packs. I think they will be sitting for the next six months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version