Author Topic: Kmart Imperial Scanning Crew 2-Pack  (Read 46383 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Kmart Imperial Scanning Crew 2-Pack
« Reply #15 on: July 8, 2013, 08:39 PM »
Pretty positive that's a new head on the officer, and rank as well may be new.  Disappointed in the leg choice, but such is life.  It's an articulated black tunic officer.  It'll do till they do an all new one on the card right?  *sigh*

The box...  More than meets the eye. :P

They're pretty easy snags for me...  I want multiples of the top box for sure.  And who am I kidding?  I want multiples of the bottom part as well, despite having probably 30 or 40 of those things laying about already.

I'm aiming for several Catapults too.  Expensive year at K-Mart for me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 8, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Ugh, I'm going to need like 30 each of these and the nearest K-Mart is like 30 hours away. I did get lucky and found the Ewok sets at a Sears Grand but that store stocks toys about once per year so I'm hoping these are very abundant online.

I LOVE me some VOTC Stormtrooper though and will take that figure any day of the week over the POS ball joint hip version
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 8, 2013, 09:36 PM »
Sears Grand here MAY be removing their toy aisles all together...  :(  I found some of the exclusives there as well, but alas my store is totally removing toys right now.  not sure if they're moving to another part of the store perhaps, but ALL toys are being clearance there as we speak, and whole shelving units taken out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 9, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Nice surprise with two sets. It's going to be hard to pass any of these up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 9, 2013, 10:43 AM »
Nice.  Can't wait.

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 9, 2013, 11:36 AM »
I gotta say, those are pretty cool. I haven't grabbed many 3.75 things lately, but I'd like to get these if they appear around here.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 9, 2013, 01:41 PM »
Interesting they made a new second box. The old one was not as rounded at the top.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 9, 2013, 01:47 PM »
What's in the bbbbbooooxxxxx!!!??  :-X

On the heels of the Hasbro pics that surfaced, we figured we'd give you a glimpse via a prototype/test shot of the set to show you what SHOULD ultimately be inside the box.  It's quite cool.

Clicky the pic for the curious!

These sets really do put K-Mart ahead of the pack.  Honestly I felt last year's did as well, as far as exclusives go.  TRU was the only store that came close with the Speederbike.  Maybe a tie for me there, actually, but their 2-packs were the right price, and amazing products.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: July 9, 2013, 02:02 PM »
Awesome prototype preview Jesse.  Really hope the final product matches up to those prototype shots.

Really excited to get that top box finally.  I plan on picking up 2x of the "top" box set and 1x of the "bottom" box set so I can have two complete scanner tech box set-ups.  Love the fact that the top box, the part that's new, is the one with the Stormie army builder.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 9, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Thanks for the preview of the "new" accessory Jesse!

These sets really do put K-Mart ahead of the pack.  Honestly I felt last year's did as well, as far as exclusives go.  TRU was the only store that came close with the Speederbike.  Maybe a tie for me there, actually, but their 2-packs were the right price, and amazing products.

I agree - the TOP exclusives last year IMHO were the  K-Mart 2-packs and the TRU Speeder Bike - I also loved the ROTJ AT-ST and the Ewok multi-packs - all of those items make for great additions to your Endor-themed displays, in fact, they even prompted me to acquire a Vintage Kenner Ewok Village and Ewok Battle Wagon to augment my Endor displays and out of all the nonsense with Star Wars 3.75" collecting in 2012, re-vamping my Endor display was the most rewarding.

And K-Mart once again shows that they want to bring viable exclusives to the market with their three offerings in 2013. Clearly the buyer for K-Mart "gets it" and wants there to be something that will appeal to both kids and collectors on their shelves. If only the guy in the same role at Target had the same level of understanding....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #25 on: July 9, 2013, 09:55 PM »
Love the reveal of "the box". The photo of it stacked/engaged with the TLC cart really highlights how this was intended from the beginning. The details on the inside are good, but what is that tiny greebly piece that is separate from the scanner "gun"?

It's weird that they are including one new E-11 blaster in each set (one for the stormy, one for the officer), not complaining mind you, just an observation.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2013, 09:59 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 12:54 AM »
Jayson,

It comes out... whatever it is.  They're just seemingly made up little tools unless Hasbro had a good clear shot of the inside to go off of.  I know the sort of grid pattern thing you see on the toy is visible only slightly in the film.  The little gun thing and the little greeblie, don't ever recall seeing any official images of those from LFL ever.  If it's mostly just imagined from Hasbro it's impressive the detail. 

It reminds me of the effort put into the recent GI Joe Lifeline figure's pack, kind of.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 04:00 PM »
SDCC case shows what looks to be two of the same old Scanning crewman, one with repainted hair. Hmmm...I'm inclined to believe the leaked photos over display case protos, notice the photos had more paint on the bottom scan box. It would be nice if the original crewman was made a blonde for this release. As long as we get the new head.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 06:14 PM »

Is that Lt Childsen or maybe Pol Treidum?

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
  • I Warn You Not to Under Estimate my Power !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 07:35 PM »
 Finally something to get me Interested again.  ;)
The New Sandcrawler Workshop