Author Topic: Kmart Imperial Scanning Crew 2-Pack  (Read 46369 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Kmart Imperial Scanning Crew 2-Pack
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2013, 04:18 PM »
Picked up three more of the "Imperial Scanning Crew" 2-packs (the one with the top box, variant Scanning Crew member and TK-421) and one more of the "Death Star Scanning Crew" 2-pack this morning at another local Kmart.

This brings up my count of complete scanning crates to 6 (using the two bottom pieces I have from the Legacy Collection Release).

The head-swapping works great between the two Scanning Crew guys, the Imperial Officer and the Imperial Navy Commander.

So now I have a set of four Scanning Crewmen with each of the heads from those four source figures and a set of four Imperial Officers with each of the heads from the four source figures. (I also have two INCs with the original head and two with the head from the Imperial Officer in these sets)

When I put either of the Scanning Crew heads on the Imperial Officer body, I did swap hands between the two figures to match the skin tone of the hands with the heads.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with these two exclusive packs - in my opinion, between these 2-packs and the Ewok catapult, Kmart wins the award for best exclusives of 2013.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2013, 05:05 PM »
There hasn't even been a whiff of these around here. I'm hoping they become available on-line, won't go too crazy on them, though. Two of each at least. Glad we can swap some heads.

It strikes me that someone could make a cast of the tops to help fill in all the ones we got from the Legacy series.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2013, 10:41 PM »
Dear Kmart, I will be offline from now to about 2pm tomorrow.  Please feel free to make these available as usual for the duration of by absence.   

Signed, Not at all bitter
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2013, 12:19 AM »
Oh, I bet they'll be online from now until Tuesday because I won't be able to get them, either, in that time.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2013, 08:17 PM »
My bro got me a set, and I must say...  Very nice.

Time for that Officer sculpt's legs to get retired though.  He's not just got awkward joints, but he's goofy tall too.  They should use it to make a Peter Mayhew out of costume and then done.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2013, 02:06 AM »
TK-421 is absurdly cool just because he's finally a specific Stormtrooper.  That inky dinky communicator accessory gives me hope that, someday, they'll do a Sandtrooper with a little ring of droid part, to recreate specifically the "Look Sir, Droids!" guy.

That communicator may be the smallest accessory ever in this line.  It's REALLY tiny, yet snaps into its little holster thingie on his belt perfectly.

How lucky the group had one trooper nearby who had a grappling hook and a communicator, and that Luke took his armor.  Truly, the force is mystical.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2013, 08:33 AM »
That communicator may be the smallest accessory ever in this line.  It's REALLY tiny, yet snaps into its little holster thingie on his belt perfectly.

The TSC Garindan had a similarly small communicator as well.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2013, 09:34 AM »
The website had one these sets listed as available starting Oct 31st, but wouldn't let me order, then changed the date to Nov 1st, then went back to the normal, temporarily unavailable. Weird.

Wondering if they'll show up in Sears.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2013, 12:17 PM »
It's a good possibility that these will show up at Sears stores.  Especially since Sears seems to be doing the seasonal toy sections for the holidays as a regular thing now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Guess I have to change my stance from I Hate K-Mart to I hate K-Mart & Sears. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2013, 02:13 PM »
Last year Sears had these in their Toy sections in the Grand stores however Sears Grand have all removed their toy section this year.  I don't recall reports of these being found in the seasonal toy set ups in regular Sears stores.

Jay, I couldn't get to my Garindan to compare but his and TVC Stormie Luke's communicators look twice as big as TK's does...  Though theirs have much nicer (ie: anything) decoes than TKs.

The Boxs one little piece is almost as small but not quite.

I can't wait to get more.  Last year these shipped into December.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2013, 02:36 PM »
I could swear I wrote a post two weeks ago that predicted that the two days I was out of town on a job, that the scanning sets would show up at my closest Kmart that I've been hitting every day. Well, I was right. Talked to the local Hasbro rep today and my local Kmart did indeed get one case in, and that's all they're getting.  >:(

What's also funny, in a frustrating way, is that they only put up the shelf tag last week, so they made room for an item they won't be restocking.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2013, 06:02 PM »
I bet they will be getting more given this:

Just saw this set is going to be on sale 10/27/13 - 11/23/13 as part of the KMart toybook for a nice price - $11.99!!!

http://bfads.net/Toy-Books/Kmart/Ad?page=9#viewer

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2013, 06:22 PM »
Woah, woah, woah! That would be awesome!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2013, 07:04 PM »
I got a preview of the book today, and yeah, I have a feeling that's why they're not available online...  Probably aren't intended to be out in the first place.