Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2  (Read 34858 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2
« on: February 9, 2013, 05:24 PM »
Looks like Wave 2 will be...
- Mara Jade Skywalker
- Stormtrooper
- R2-D2
- Pablo-Jill
- Luminara Unduli
- 41st Clone Trooper
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2013, 07:19 PM »
I think that the Stormtrooper and the 41st Clone are actually the Sandtrooper and 212th Clone since neither the stormtrooper or 41st were part of Legacy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Wave 2 is a hell of a lot more solid IMO, but still neither wave's a complete pick-up for me at this point.  I'm kinda clone repainted out.

Pablo's my big want from Wave 2 though.  I've wanted a couple of him actually since we saw pics last year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2013, 08:19 PM »
I already forgot what the R2-D2 was supposed to be. Does the dome pop off and Kenny Baker is inside?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2013, 08:20 PM »
I think that the Stormtrooper and the 41st Clone are actually the Sandtrooper and 212th Clone since neither the stormtrooper or 41st were part of Legacy.

Hopefully this is the case. I was actually very excited for the Sand Trooper, and the 212th Clone had nice paint apps. Either way this sounds like a decent wave, and I'll probably pick up all six figures plus some extra troopers.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 9, 2013, 09:04 PM »
The 41st Clone Trooper is definitely a bit of a question mark.  They appear on Coruscant in the standard phase II armor with grey markings.  But then they're also on Kashyyyk in the camo Scout Trooper type armor with Gree. 

Since Luminara is in the wave, and she also appears on Kashyyyk in ROTS, one can certainlly assume that this might be a link that would suggest the Kashyyyk troopers.  Especially considering the recent re-release of the AT-AP.  But I guess we have to wait and see!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 04:30 PM »
Nice figures, and a little more exciting than Wave 1.  I guess it just doesn't seem too exciting since we've already seen these before, and even then they were a lot of "oh, we've had that before".  I definitely don't mind resculpts of previously done figures, I think I like them more than a lot of people here actually, but I think they could have mixed things up a little more with these waves.  Re-use some of the droid factory stuff, but maybe sprinkle in a couple of things we haven't seen before too, but then again, I suppose things may have been rushed a bit with all the movie shifts/etc.  Again, I'll pick up some (all the OT ones, and some others), but it will be easier to pass on others with no build a droid or vinty packaging.  I don't really mind the Black Series packaging either though, it is fine for filler until vintage hopefully returns ;).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 05:08 PM »
Hmm, the Jedi and Luminara are my definite pick ups, and probably the Stormtrooper. You can never have enough. Though I bet it winds up being that black pauldron Sandtrooper we saw originally, which I'll pick up one or two. Amazing what a new gun and droid will do to get you to buy a figure.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 05:54 PM »
Still not that exciting. I dont know what would to be honest though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:56 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Hopefully this is the case. I was actually very excited for the Sand Trooper, and the 212th Clone had nice paint apps. Either way this sounds like a decent wave, and I'll probably pick up all six figures plus some extra troopers.

May be the case.

But, few were entirely happy with the short 41st Clone in Kashyyyk armor, so it would not be surprising they have a do-over planned. If the two realistic Clone wars releases have been booted out (it's not clear), that leaves the other 18 revealed releases from BAD plus one.

Or it's a *snooze* landing platform repaint of phase 2.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 3, 2013, 07:43 PM »
I am interested in some of them.  Mara Jade, Pablo, and Luminara mainly.  Thrilled?  No, but I will take them. 

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 8, 2013, 07:19 PM »
Looks like I was wrong. With the Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper both showing up in computer system I guess they really are going to be a Stormtrooper and 41st Clone.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 8, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Wish the new stormie and sandtrooper spot removable helmets and more detail for the armour than previous versions.

As I didnīt buy TLC yavin Luke I will buy black series one.

Biker scout perhaps depicts a different paint job; this figure seems to wear grey bands on his thighs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:04 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 09:18 PM »
Is that new or one of the old sculpts?  The gun on the right looks new at least...  I can't tell if the sculpt of the figure is different at all though from some of the Sandtroopers we've gotten lately.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77