Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 1  (Read 38939 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 1
« on: February 9, 2013, 05:28 PM »
Let's see, it looks like Wave 1 will be:
- AotC Anakin
- AotC Arena Padme
- AotC Clone Sergeant
- Bespin Dinner Vader
- Biker Scout (looks like the one from the Bike?)
- Yavin Ceremony Luke
- X-Wing Pilot Biggs
- Clone Pilot
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 1
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2013, 08:00 PM »
Other than Biggs, Luke, Padme, and to a lesser degree the Clone Sgt. and Ani, this wave's not something I'll buy a ton of I think.  Definitely no duplicates, which is nice.  Get my few I want and I'm out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2013, 08:17 PM »
I'm most excited for Luke, Padme, and the Clone Sgt, though I'll probably buy the Biggs and Vader as well. I'll pass on Anakin and the Scout unless I'm really impressed in-person. I'd love to get the clone pilot, but I will only pick it up if the visor paint is cleaned up on the final release.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Our pictures are starting to trickle into our image gallery.  Here's a look at the Hasbro press images for this wave:

http://www.jedidefender.com/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Conventions/Toy_Fair_2013/Hasbro_Star_Wars/Official_Images/The_Black_Series_-_3.75-inch
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 04:24 AM »
I'm definitely more excited with the new revamped 3.75" line. The first wave, although not great, is definitely better than the boring first wave for BAD, which really saddened me.

I love love love the new packaging. ;D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 04:27 PM »
The figures still look well done, as before, but just nothing that is too exciting I guess.  I'll pick up some of these, but honestly, the lack of build a droid parts makes it easier for me to pass on some as well.  None of them look bad, mind you, but I have previous versions that I'm happy enough with already.  I'm in for probably all the OT ones, and a couple others like Anakin and Padme.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 05:05 PM »
I'm probably going to pick up everything, including multiple Clones and Bikers. My original SA/Entertainment Earth AOTC Clones are yellowing, as are my VOTC Bikers from 2006, so I'm more than happy to replace them with the new versions. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 09:50 AM »
I feel the way I did last summer when we saw this stuff at Comic Con...

They look fine, but...there's noting "new" there.  Right now, I'll decide on these when I see them in the stores.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 3, 2013, 07:48 PM »
I like the "new" Padme.  Anakin will work as an extra Jedi I suppose?  Maybe custom fodder.  I actually like Yavin Luke.  I didn't like the 30th anniversary version that much.  Not that this one is tons better but it's decent.  Biggs is okay.  I'm not interested in another Biker Scout.  Vader is okay. 

It's just nothing there that is "Wow!!!   Look at that!!!" 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2013, 09:00 PM »
I'm about the same but this wave was to be BAD, and you had the parts to look forward to...  I'm amazed more people aren't actually pissed about that since, well, the droids were the value-adder and the "fun" of a line like that.  Without them, this wave is a lot less impressive...  yeah you might get the droids at some point, most likely, but without them included as pack-ins to me that's the crummy news right now.

Folks are mad about those Yoda card figures...  I get it I guess, but to me nothing in those was very great.  Build-A-Droid's cancellation was a much more depressing thing, to me.  $10 figures were soemwhat more worth it and that's out the window.  Oh well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 4, 2013, 09:09 PM »
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed about the lack of build a droids as well.  I went from planning on buying the entire waves to get the droids, to buying maybe half of that.  The figures are nice looking and all, but so many of them we have a number of nice versions of already so I don't feel as compelled to pick them up at $10 a pop.

It is really tough to predict anything at this point, but I really wonder about the future of the "vintage style" figures right now.  From all indications (at least from Hasbro) it was the "worst selling line ever", and honestly, the lineup coming up doesn't look to change that too much.  We've had such a focus on prequel stuff for a long time now, with those movies being more recent/the bigger push, and I think a lot of us are getting burned out on that a bit.  A part of me thinks Hasbro is really hoping that the 6" scale Black Series and the 5 POA 3 3/4" line take off, and they can stick to that, but maybe that's just in my head.  Adam at GH mentioned something along those lines in his Q and A today, and I could see that too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 12:39 PM »
I'm a little surprised that Luke is 1x and Biggs is 2x

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 01:16 PM »
More self sabotage...packing a clone one per case and Biggs 2 per case.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 01:56 PM »
I think the Anakin, Padme, Luke and Biggs should have ALL been only 1-per case and the other four figures 2-per case.

Damn Hasbro, why not just throw in EP1 Qui-Gon in this case while you're at it?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 02:07 PM »
Biggs as 2 per is idiotic. "A-level Heroes/Villains" should be 2, "Army builders" should be 2, mustachioed Death Star trench grease spots should be 1x.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird