Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3  (Read 39112 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3
« Reply #75 on: December 4, 2013, 08:44 PM »
Scored Plagueis on Hasbro!!!! It's funny cuz I was on eBay earlier seeing what the going rate for him was but then I saw on JTA that he was in stock! With the discount code, this feels like a total win.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 5, 2013, 09:14 AM »
That's like winning the lottery since they only put one up at a time.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 5, 2013, 12:52 PM »
That's like winning the lottery since they only put one up at a time.
Two because I got one also.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: December 5, 2013, 04:38 PM »
I managed one earlier, he got here today...  Honestly it's a stupid looking figure and/or character design, but whatever.  He'll go in with the other Sithly people.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 5, 2013, 06:58 PM »
NOt a fan of the design for Plaguies either. I thought it was just me. Oh well, I did get a Vizam and Mara Jade though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: December 5, 2013, 08:00 PM »
I don't like it being an alien in general, but a ****** CGI alien from AOTC that was beyond goofy acting/looking/speaking was over the top on its choice IMO.  I would've preferred it be a human.  Not that Lucas pushed the anti-alien thing in the Empire, I just would've preferred they keep to it since it's become part of the EU.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 5, 2013, 08:39 PM »
I don't collect / buy Star Wars figs like I used to back in the day but this character always intrigued me from the movie.  He looks very silly for what he should be.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 5, 2013, 11:17 PM »
I haven't seen the Plagueis in person yet so I guess I should wait for judgment, but I'm super excited for this. I will admit my bias towards liking most anything they make that's EU (of course he's mentioned in ROTS, but I'm talking from the "Darth Plagueis" book).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you Jesse, but if you don't like Palpatine's master being an alien with his hate for non humans then I'm guessing you didn't read the book. Palpatine doesn't kill him just because he wants to become the master.

Just wanted to throw my opposite two cents in.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: December 5, 2013, 11:32 PM »
I haven't read the book, no...  Nothing against the EU, as I love EU figures too...  Actually I wish we got a lot more because it's a lot deeper well than retreads at this point, so I'm with you.  My dislike of the figure isn't even that it's a BAD figure.  For what it represents it's perfect I'd say...  Like the Vong figures too and whatnot.

I just hate the character's design in the EU, didn't like Palps having an alien as a mentor/master (though, if he kills him in part because he IS an alien and he grows to dislike aliens in the story, that's kind of cool).  I hate those aliens in particular though because I felt they were among the goofier CGI aliens in the PT...  Up there with the Podracers for me.  Just didn't care for them, their goofy voices... 

I think you'll probably love the figure though, it's Grade A like just about everything else they've put out the last several years.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 6, 2013, 10:54 AM »
Nick (or anyone else who's read the Plagueis book), remind me how the book ends, primarily how Plagueis dies.  Isn't it different than the way Palps describes it to Anakin in the opera? 

But, yeah, a poor choice of alien for a Sith lord.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 6, 2013, 11:09 AM »
Nick (or anyone else who's read the Plagueis book), remind me how the book ends, primarily how Plagueis dies.  Isn't it different than the way Palps describes it to Anakin in the opera? 

But, yeah, a poor choice of alien for a Sith lord.

It's been awhile since I read it, but it was pretty much what he tells Anakin. In his sleep right before Palpatine becomes Chancellor.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: December 6, 2013, 02:24 PM »
I really liked the book, and I generally hate EU books.  Nick is right, it is shocking how far into the movies Plagueis is alive though...it is worth a read if you can find it cheap.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 6, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Okay, thanks.  I guess I thought for some reason Palpy killed him at dinner, not when he was sleeping.  Maybe I was going between this and the Red Wedding at the time.  ;)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 6, 2013, 03:06 PM »
Yep, can't help myself. Just got Mr. Plagueis and I love it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 9, 2013, 10:05 PM »
This Mace Windu figure... what shelf is he supposed to go on?  He's got Jango's helmet which made me think Episode II, but it's hollow (which I assume is Hasbro not putting a noggin' in there because it's violent) - but then he's got the clone arm guards on, which made me think Clone Wars or did he wear those in EII?.

What is this Mace?
« Last Edit: December 9, 2013, 10:05 PM by Rob »