Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3  (Read 39119 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3
« Reply #90 on: December 9, 2013, 10:32 PM »
This Mace Windu figure... what shelf is he supposed to go on?  He's got Jango's helmet which made me think Episode II, but it's hollow (which I assume is Hasbro not putting a noggin' in there because it's violent) - but then he's got the clone arm guards on, which made me think Clone Wars or did he wear those in EII?.

What is this Mace?

It's Clone Wars. There was an episode in the series where Boba rigged his dad's helmet with a bomb, in order to kill Mace. Hasbro did a cool version of that in the animated line, with a break apart helmet and sculpted bomb inside. Shame they used a normal Jango helmet with this figure.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 9, 2013, 10:35 PM »
That explains why I didn't know what to do with it, never saw the cartoons.

Thanks!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2013, 12:33 AM »
Vizam was clearly the highlight of this wave for me. Now if we can just get the other two from the Jabba's Skiff Guards Cinema Scene redone.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44 AM »
It's Clone Wars. There was an episode in the series where Boba rigged his dad's helmet with a bomb, in order to kill Mace. Hasbro did a cool version of that in the animated line, with a break apart helmet and sculpted bomb inside. Shame they used a normal Jango helmet with this figure.

Thank you, I got mine last night and was confused about this as well. I recalled from the last days of TVC that there were realistic versions of Mace and Rex in the pipeline, so I always assumed this was that Mace. I have had it on my Want List for awhile now.

But then when I got it, the helmet made me wonder. This should have been the exploded helmet with bomb like with the original animated version. Kind of a big oversight, IMO.

I will say though, this is about the best sculpt of Samuel Jackson I have seen on ay action figure. They nailed it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2013, 06:47 PM »
Totally disagree on the sculpt for Jackson...  the TVC figure was flawless...  This one's skin color looks off to me, though I don't think the likeness is bad...  I think the TVC is really where it was at.

I'd have liked the blow-up helmet too, but at the same time other Windu's I think have come with the basically just Jango's bucket as an accessory.  Almost like a little trophy.  I'd have loved a booby trap helmet though, personally...  I think that's cool and was awesome in the toon.

I think it's a great figure though, regardless...  I love it.  I may grab a 2nd if I see him cheap.  I'd like one for the Jedi Fighter.

Oh, and I think this wave was pretty solid actually...  If Windu's the weaker of the links of new figures, and he's still good, that's a good sign.

Vizam, I agree totally that he makes me wish for FIVE more resculpts...  Well, 4, we got Snags, but I want to see all the Cinema Scene aliens redone now.

Tell me Nabrun Leids wouldn't make one of the most awesome resculpts EVER!?  Hyper articulation with the 4 arms, and if they did a removable mask to show the face underneath from EU, I'd be over the moon.  A Cantina alien resculpt I want, hands down.

I'd also love the Devronian, Klaatu, and the blue bandana Barada with the cross-draw holster (love that)...  This guy really makes you just want them all redone IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2013, 07:29 PM »
Vizam is the winner, but I just got Merumeru today and as one of the last major figures from ROTS I wanted, he's outstanding. I figured he reused parts from the Sneak Preview Wookie, but doesn't appear to. Excellent figure. I think I would have preferred the helmet to sculpted on actually, since mine is ill fitting and rides kind of high. Otherwise, very cool.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2013, 10:53 AM »
Amazon has Wave 3 in stock now except for Plagueis and Vizam.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Amazon continues to have amazing deals - most of the Black Series figures can be had on the cheap. Wave 2 Luminara is $3 for example. Pablo Jill is $6. Looks like one Vizam in stock right now for those interested - he's amazing!

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2013, 11:16 AM »
That was a seller that had Vizam for 10 and he's gone now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2013, 03:55 PM »
Got my shipping notice for plagueis today. Aw yeah.  8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2013, 06:56 PM »
Plagueis arrived today, intact and still MOC. Now I'm torn whether or not to go ahead and open this up or not, guess I probably will but I feel like it may be the last one I see. I should have gotten two!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Got my two Plagueis figures from Hasbro Toy Shop today - great figure - glad to be done with Wave 3!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Received Plagueis in the mail after nearly a month of waiting from Hasbro ::)

Wow. What a great figure - the sculpting and paint apps really are on par with this guy and it totally gets me into his character. Gotta love that absurdly detailed angry 'ol Muun face, too.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: January 8, 2014, 08:28 PM »
Wave 3 sighting near Pittsburgh at a Wal-Mart...  Not terrible news if Retailers skip 2 and go right to 3.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 9, 2014, 12:01 AM »
Anything to help us get to wave 4.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."