Collecting > Collections

JediJman's Collectible Man Cave

(1/3) > >>

JediJman:
I moved to a new home in December, so am fortunate to have the opportunity to completely rebuild my Collectible Man Cave.  I tested this name with the neighbors and got far more respect from the guys than referring to it as my "Star Wars Room."  Anyway, I want to track the progress on here and solicit feedback as I go.  I have a general plan for what I want to do, but am very open to suggestions.

The room was completely unfinished space (16 x 14 at the widest part), so over the last few months I've picked up and installed a padded carpet, one wall of peg board, and adjustable black shelving around the perimeter.  I decided not to frame up the rest of the room, since I'd just put shelves in front of it.  I'm also leaving the ceiling open as I want to hang a lot of ships and like the "warehouse feel" of it.

The next step was to track down some lighting.  See what I did there?   ;)  I found a great deal on Craigslist, with 6 track bars and 18 lights + bulbs for $50.  I had to pay another $50 in connection bars, wiring, screws, and an outlet, but happy to get this done for about $100.  Since it's unfinished, I also had to cut and install some wood cross pieces to bolt the track lights onto.  Here's a shot of the finished track light system.  I may put up more lights if needed.

I plan to start stocking the shelves with my 12" collection first, which will go on the far wall, top shelf.  There's about 2 feet of clearance between the top shelf and the rafters and my shelves are 2 feet deep.  So, I decided to build some rough, but sturdy risers across the top.  I won't win any carpentry awards, but this was a cheap and quick afternoon project that I hope will help spread out the big guys.

P-Siddy:
Collectible Man Cave... love it!

Phrubruh:
So in the Collectible Man Cave, you collect collectible men? Sounds a little, well, you know.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Master_Phruby on March 13, 2013, 09:10 AM ---So in the Collectible Man Cave, you collect collectible men? Sounds a little, well, you know.

--- End quote ---

"Collectible" - Man Cave ...not "Collectible Man" - Cave   ;)

Dressel Rebel:
I am scared.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version