Author Topic: Valuable Books  (Read 4642 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Valuable Books
« on: May 14, 2013, 07:39 AM »
I'm hoping someone can help me with this...

Back in the day (the 90's) I was big into collecting Star Wars novels.  I have lots of hard covers and paperbacks (some of the same title) and I bowed sometime between TPM and AoTC.  I have all these books stored now, but I'm ready to let them go.  My question is: does anything from this time period stick out to the collector in the know as valuable?  I plan on putting these out at a yard sale unless there is some interest/value that I am not really aware of.

I know without a list this is a difficult question, but is any of this worth anything?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Valuable Books
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:00 AM »
When in doubt, go to www.addall.com and search out of print books, they'll give you list of that book being sold at all major book selling sites.  Of course, in some cases you can do better selling locally.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:00 AM by Scockery »

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:26 AM »
I'll check it out.  I do have some vintage books like OT novelizations and things of that nature.  I don't want to devote a ton of time to going through all of this, but at the same time, I don't want to get screwed. 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:59 PM »
Hey Jim, from what I can remember when I was trying to build my collection, some of the NJO books that were only released in HC through the SFBC were pulling in some good money (Traitor was typically selling for around $100).  Also, anything that was a 3-in-1 like the Bounty Hunter Chronicles, etc.  Other than that, unless it was a first edition or rare HC (only through SFBC), I remember them being pretty average.  Good luck!

It's kind of funny that you started this thread because my wife has been getting on me to get rid of my HC and TPB collections.  I keep holding on, but eventually I think it's a losing battle.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Interesting.  I do have several SFBC editions that my brother got me.  I will definitely check those out.