Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Coming Fall 2014  (Read 45803 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Coming Fall 2014
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2014, 11:33 AM »
Final core character revealed: Meet Hera
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:33 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2014, 01:55 AM »
What fun stuff would you like to see snuck into this?  Like the Stormtrooper Transport...

It's reworked, but it's awesome and takes some PT goodness and that original toy, and makes something awesome we all recognize.  Very much for us.

Something I hope to see?  I'd like to see the AT-PT incorporated in some capacity...  An improvement on the AT-RT, and a transitional vehicle to bridge that gap with something that actually looks like an attempt at evolution.

Like the Y-Wing in Clone Wars, I'm anxious to see what maybe they slip into this cartoon that resonates with the older crowd.  Little things like that are awesome.

I'd dig an Imperial Gunship too.

I think part of my want for the AT-PT is selfish in that I'd love a toy of it, but I think ships and things evolving, even slightly, is a nice thing to witness.  I'm hoping to see how the Alliance gets its first fighters too, if we indeed see the Alliance being born.  Fighters sort of embody the Rebels, so I'd like to see some CW hardware given to whoever makes up the initial group.

Just wishing out loud tonight for some new toys I guess.  Maybe a little anxious to get those new Rebels vehicles in my collection too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2014, 05:11 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/04/29/star-wars-rebels-trailer-first-look/8462295/

New trailer coming May 4th at 7 on DisneyXD airing of the new Yoda Lego movie.

Then online at like 3 a.m., but I'll be DVR'ing it Sunday to watch right away.  This show looks like it's going to have a lot of great stuff to it.  I'm getting anxious for this. :)

Thanks to Jayson for pointing this out to me at Yakface by the way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 4, 2014, 02:26 PM »
The first trailer IS LIVE ON YOUTUBE.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 4, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Cool, I could have swore I kept seeing Bo Katan in there. Does one of the chicks wear Mando armor?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: May 4, 2014, 10:02 PM »
Does one of the chicks wear Mando armor?

Yes, Sabine.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 5, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Very good looking show there.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2014, 09:06 AM »
Lando on Rebels:

http://collider.com/star-wars-rebels-details-simon-kinberg/

What role do you think Lando will play on the show? I'm sure he'll just guest star at first, but that kind of thing starting from the get-go could tempt the writers real easily into finding more and more for him to do. And since Billy D. isn't going to be busy with the movie...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Billy D can barely walk much less dance. I would say he's got about five years left. He doesn't look very good. Anything they do with him should be very soon.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2014, 10:54 AM »
LOL...remember when he was on LOST?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2014, 01:20 PM »
I think he could play a role similar to the Lando role in Jedi Outcast.  A connection who can help out from time to time.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2014, 06:02 PM »

Clicky For Story

New video, new dude, Agent Kallus...

He's an Imperial Security Bureau Agent/Officer.  He hunts Rebel flare-ups down, and puts ointment on them.

I feel like Filloni wanted to say basically the ISB is akin to the Gestapo, by drawing that FBI/Military Police comparison, in that they're a quasi-military organization.  All stuff the old WEG RPG's established that is now being carried over I guess.  Will Yularren return to animation?  He was supposedly an ISB officer, though now uniform jiving doesn't work as well.  Agent Kallus has a very unique uniform on, with unique insignia...  plus the armor and bucket.

All cool looking I guess, but what's the purpose? 

There's the "Kid element" to him too that makes me uneasy.  The whole show has a cool character then something about said character that makes you wonder if he won't turn out a little hokey?  This one is cool right up to the "He uses special weapons and stuff!", and then you start to wonder how far to the kid or adult market they'll take the show.

Lot of questions.  I'm still going with some hopeful thinking on it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:02 PM by Jesse James »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2014, 11:03 PM »
What's up with that crazy ass beard?!? lol

Guess there will be no shortage of bad guys, although it seems we won't be getting much, if any, Vader.

I still wish they would drop the silly names though, that joke has really worn thin.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2014, 04:29 PM »
Kallus seems like he's going to be the prominent Imperial player in the series.  I'm glad to see that he's part of the Imperial Security Bureau.  It's something that's been somewhat glossed over in the movies, despite seeing Yularen and other ISB officers on the Death Star in A NEW HOPE.  The mutton chops are a little odd though, since the only Imperial Officers I can think of that had ANY facial hair were Yularen and Ozzel.  And they had pretty neatly groomed moustaches.

The actor playing Kallus is pretty cool, too.  He's played some decent parts like in Red Tails and Rise of the Planet of the Apes.  And truth be told, I'm surprised to see that some actors who aren't traditionally voice actors are taking on roles in the series.  Freddie Prinze Jr., David Oyelowo and now it seems Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor (The Patriot, the Harry Potter series) are all actors with significant on screen credits, but they seem interested in taking part in REBELS.  It makes me hopeful for this new series.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2014, 07:30 AM »
Meet The Inquisitor, and voice actor Jason Isaacs.  Glad to see Isaacs on board with the series.  I've always thought that he would work very well within the Star Wars universe.  And way back when I thought that he might even be the right actor to play Tarkin in the PT if he would've had anything approaching a speaking role.  Definitely looking forward to seeing what he brings to the Inquisitor.

Feedback