Author Topic: Stranger Things - Netflix  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Stranger Things - Netflix
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2019, 09:53 AM »
One of my complaints is Will and the lack of development with him this season.  To be vague to avoid spoilers, he just had the one scene with Lucas and Mike and pretty much the rest of the time he was in the background rubbing his neck at times.  I just wonder if this is a flaw with having such a large ensemble cast? 

My wife and I discussed this angle as well.  Eight 40 minute episodes is fairly short to develop characters when you've got so many.

I think they've either got to write some characters out of the script or add in more content, although I would prefer the former. 

I've always liked the Nancy (and Jonathan) storyline.  They spent a little time on it this season, but then it felt like they just kind of dropped it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:26 PM by Dave »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2019, 01:13 PM »
I think they've either got to write some out of the script or add in more content, although I would prefer the former. 

I've always liked the Nancy (and Jonathan) storyline.  They spent a little time on it this season, but then it felt like they just kind of dropped it.

Yeah, I don't know their process in getting the plot down, but I agree that it's getting too large.  The addition of Max in S2 was great.  She added a new dynamic to the established group.  But Billy... not so.  It seemed like they wanted to expand Mrs Wheeler's role this season, then reign it in.  And then they added to the cast again this year, which I enjoyed the character... though one aspect about the character was rather far-fetched. 

Anyway... should we set a date for when we can discuss this openly (aka with spoilers).  Perhaps this Saturday (22nd)?  I feel that most of us who are into the show should have wrapped this up by then.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2019, 04:27 PM »
Anyway... should we set a date for when we can discuss this openly (aka with spoilers).  Perhaps this Saturday (22nd)?  I feel that most of us who are into the show should have wrapped this up by then.

I think two weeks from release seems like a reasonable amount to start talking spoilers.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2019, 04:47 PM »
I feel Billy is needed in this "80s" show. When they 180'd Steve's character they needed a replacement of sorts.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:47 PM by GrandMoffNick »
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you